Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Windows 10

Default Windows 10

You can reserve your free copy of Windows 10 now, if you are running an eligible version of Windows at this time.
    The release date is July 29 this year and all you have to do is press on the windows icon on your taskbar (near the clock).
    see screenshot attached.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	win 10.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	107762  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Windows 10

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...soft-10-Update

Note: If you have disabled WUDs in Windows 7 or 8, you won't see this prompt.

just to say that not everyone will get this at the same time - one reason being some systems that have eligible windows are running devices for which drivers are still a work in progress, another being logistic [the roll out is not for everyone all at once]

edit - well yes steve, if you don't have updates enabled you won't get the update.. guess that's worth pointing out
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

what is also worth pointing out [just checked] is that, as this is an optional update, if you have your system set for important/critical updates only, then the optional/recommended update you need to look for and install in the control panel windows update dialog box is KB3035583 [may need to reboot]

in any case you don't have to do this reservation - should still be able to update qualifying systems [update is around 3GB] through windows update idc

WUD [alternative meaning]: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...ownloader.html I think I'll give this one a miss
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

thanks for this information, let us see if windows ten will be worth the wait

Kington, Herefordshire. I used to live on a boat on the English waterways

I am using Designer Pro X 8.1.4

Will it work with Windows 10?

Nick