Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo & Content Widgets

Greetings all.

I first checked around the forum; making sure this topic has been covered before. If by chance it has, my apologies up front.

I upgraded to XWD 11 Premium last week. Once loaded, registered and ready to play, I noticed that except for one feature, the widget and add-on gallery appears with the options as samples / previews and not fully functional.
    The Xara page: http://www.xara.com/us/web-designer/templates/#themes clearly states these features are included in the Premium version.
    Has anyone else encountered this? Am I missing something or need to submit something to Xara to activate these widgets? Uninstall, re-download and start from scratch?

I submitted a support ticket early last week but to date, still no reply. Ideas or suggestions will be great appreciated.

Thank you kindly.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous!

Default Re: Photo & Content Widgets

Do you mean the Page Elements & Widgets Rafs? Try right clicking over your XWD11Premium desktop icon & Run As Administrator. This often clears issues like this. You only need to do it once.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slideshows.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	107754

Specifically, the slideshow and accordion features which on the Xara website appear showing a white letter 'P' within a green box indicating they're included with the Premium version.
    I'll have to give the 'Run As Admin' option a whirl. In previous versions (8, maybe 9) I had no issues with any of these add-ons.

Thanks loads for the input!

I tried this but no results. What frustrates me is that I've contacted Xara three times through their customer support option with no reply to date. I received the XWD 11 Premium program disk in the mail. I'm considering a clean re-install from the disk but seriously doubt that would have anything to do with the issue but I'm willing to try anything. I'm spit-balling at this point.

I'm a long time customer of Xara and MAGIX products, going back to the mid 90s. I used to get much better customer support but I feel it's gone down hill.

Let's try some very basics here Rafs.

This is a screen grab of my Design Gallery. Can you supply one of yours?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	design-gallery.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	108192  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

As I'm browsing around trying to find out why the new TaskPilot slideshow widget has stopped working (I posted a thread on it), I saw this and thought I'd do a grab of my Design Gallery.

All of mine work (well, apart from the TaskPilot widget, that did, but doesn't now)... but, for that you need to create a TaskPilot account.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	108193

Egg

Default Re: Photo & Content Widgets - success

Hi Egg.
    First of all, thanks for taking interest and providing support.

Second, man do I feel embarrassed! I guess I didn't drill deep enough and simply glazed over the layers. I do have the features I was searching for. They were right under my big schnoz all the time.
    I'm rusty - working in Wordpress for the past two or so years. Saw the XWD11 upgrade and had to go for it. Need to rekindle the fire.
    ¡Gracias amigo!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XWD11_panel.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	108198  

Default Re: Photo & Content Widgets - success

No need to feel embarrassed, we've all been there. Glad you got it sorted. Just a shame Xara support was so poor!
    Egg