Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Publish to Folder on My Computer

Hi -

The publish options do not include a publish to folder on my computer. Best way to get the html generated files out of Xara and onto my local computer is ?

Regards, James

Default Re: Publish to Folder on My Computer

Found the "File > export website" option - imo semantics of publish and export should just be combined or at least add folder option to the publish website option.

Regards, James

'Publish' in the context of a website likely means to make public. So technically you can't publish to a folder on your PC (Personal Computer) because it isn't public..

Logical answer thanks. I am testing out site44.com which blurs the logic as their paradigm is "Site44 turns Dropbox folders into websites.
    Edit your HTML locally, and your website will always be up-to-date."

Regards and thanks for the reply!
    Last edited by sunhome; 31 May 2015 at 06:44 AM.

Dropbox is on the web. You're not viewing sites from your local dropbox folder.
    You can edit your local files which are synced to your dropbox copies. That's it. Nothing new there actually.

There are better hosting options to get a custom domain names for the money site44.com is trying to squeeze from you.
    Go for option 4 here: http://www.maketecheasier.com/4-ways...te-on-dropbox/ ; it's free.

Acorn

P.S. You can host your websites on Google Drive. The benefit of Google Drive over free Dropbox would be the space. Google Drive offers 5 GB of free space while Dropbox offers 2 GB. I prefer Dropbox over Google Drive.
    https://googledrive.com/host/0B716yw...veHosting.html.

P.P.S. Sitebox.io allows 5 pages free so upload Supersites (one page).
    Last edited by Acorn; 31 May 2015 at 11:24 AM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    There are better hosting options to get a custom domain names for the money site44.com is trying to squeeze from you.
    Go for option 4 here: http://www.maketecheasier.com/4-ways...te-on-dropbox/
    I get a 404 error with that link.

Gone OT a bit haven't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I get a 404 error with that link.
    Thanks, sorted.
    Funnily, your replied link worked.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have read over this thread several times and still can't find the answer. Is there some way I can export my Xara site from the Xara software, into a folder on my hard disk? With all of the html files, graphics, etc?