Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara10 - PDF Trim and Bleed Marks

Hi There,

I've gone through a few archived answers but none apply to XPGD 10, on how to create Trim and Bleed marks in a PDF. The tabs that were in older versions no longer exist in this version "Image Settings"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	huh.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	107699

I've tried print to pdf, but have not found any option to add the print marks.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Best,
    Frank

Default Re: Xara10 - PDF Trim and Bleed Marks

Welcome to TalkGraphics Frank

I have moved your post into the Xara Graphics Chat forum.

A few versions ago, Xara decided to break their products into four different programs: Web Designer, Photo & Graphic Designer, Page & Layout Designer, and Designer Pro X.

I just checked my copy of Photo & Graphic Designer 10 and I can confirm that PDF capabilities have been greatly reduced. The robust PDF options, including crop marks, and other printer's marks plus PDF/X support are now in Page & Layout Designer and Designer Pro X.

Guess I'm buying Nickel & Dime I mean Page & Layout today.

Thank you though, I kept thinking it was my new pc and acrobat version.

If you can hold out for a little while, I think the new version of Page & Layout Designer should be out soon. Last year I did not do a First Look review of Page & Layout Designer because there were not enough new features to merit a review.

I am not sure, but I suspect Page & Layout Designer 11 is going to have some great new features.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I am not sure, but I suspect Page & Layout Designer 11 is going to have some great new features.
    I'm not sure says the man who is preparing the first look...which will contain these "great new features."

I chuckle every release period when I read such things...

To be perfectly honest, Mike, at this point I have absolutely no idea. When I get a beta to write my reviews it is often with less than a week before release. Xara does not give me any advance notice or preview of new features.

Just funnin' ya, Gary.

I am looking forward to the review, though. A hint so to speak as to what XDP will include while I wait.

Mike

Since you know about the older versions have the "Bleed Settings" if you still have it around you could import your doc. into that. Wait a few months and get the new version when it comes out.
    Design is thinking made visual.