Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Additional 'Size' presets.........possible?

What I am presently up-to, drawing lines at 2m year intervals onto a graphic for future animation, calls for a size which falls between the presets available in Photo and Graphic Design v9. In my case I find myself endlessly trying to swap between 200pc or 500pc, where what I need is a preset, say 350pc, (or better still, 300pc and 400pc), which I am able to invoke on-demand, quickly and easily, instead of having to reach across to a keyboard on the the far side of my graphics tablet to enter the '350' value manually all-the-time.

Is it possible to create and store intermediate presets of this type, and if so, to which file must they be added?

Any suggestions?

artsmith - Dunedin, New Zealand

Default Re: Additional 'Size' presets.........possible?

Not sure what you are trying to explain here.. Can you expand please?
    Which presets are you referring to?

Like Steve I do not understand your explanation.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

If you are referring to Zoom values % then you can use XaReg to add a custom zoom %

Link is in my signature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-05-29_084234.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	107702  

Hi Artsmith, as I read your thread is this what you mean?

What I am presently up-to, drawing lines at 2m year intervals
    Two million years?

I find myself endlessly trying to swap between 200pc or 500pc, where what I need is a preset, say 350pc,
    200% 0r 500% and 350%?

EDIT: Cross posted with Steve.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Perhaps I could have explained myself better. At issue are the 'zoom' values, apparently and so I intend to follow Steve's advice and try XReg. As for the rest of it. The lines which I desire to operate on at an optimum size are to fit onto a 3000 x 1500 raster for 'texturing' onto a globe presented in G-Plates, which is the easiest way to go about it. The existing presets are not ideal in that one produces an image which is too large and requires endless movements around the screen, the other (200) does not allow me to draw enough 'detail' with the degree of accuracy which I would like. My traces are actually at 1.875m intervals, since that is a 'computer-style' division of the hexadecimal value of 16 in two stages. That greatly simplifies the process as the traces from source data at 15million year intervals may be undertaken in two stages yielding, finally 9 traces in-all, since I begin with the final trace from the previous 15m year interval as a starting-point. So, the whole thing is a process of interpolation by successively adding extra lines between existing traces until I have the full complement of nine lines.

Then, guess what? I begin with the source material for another fifteen million years and begin all over again. So far this week, I have prepared for animation traces for 45m years.........only another 120m years to go. Whoopee!!!

I'm still not sure what you're trying to do or what the problem is but for what it's worth:

A typical way of working is to use Ctrl + mouse wheel to zoom in on the details, make changes, and Ctrl + mouse wheel to zoom out again. The mouse wheel zoom has more zoom steps than the dropdown control and they are spaced out more regularly.

And, since dragging with the mouse wheel button also pushes or "scrolls" the page around, that means that the mouse wheel gives you complete control over the document view, right under your finger, whatever drawing tool you are in.

This makes for a very streamlined workflow.

Phil

You can also add buttons for zoom to page, objects, selected objects and previous zoom.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365