Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default web designer 11 premium, unable to activate&register online

hi folks,

xara is sometimes neverending source of troubles. totally first is registration online. Just now I spend 50€ to buy web designer online --- all I have is "activation failed, please contact xara support, error code -1

anyway, if you will contact "support online" you will waiting so long time, maybe 48 hours and you can do nothing with webesigner.

can you give me advice, what i can tell to costumers who waiting for orders i make for them ?

thank you !

if is there somebody from xara company, my order has this number : 20150526007090818XAR

please can you give me somebody email adress to the managment ? I really need proceed my web work. This update was wrong decision
    Last edited by Rut; 26 May 2015 at 09:54 AM.

Default Re: web designer 11 premium, unable to activate&register online

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with activating your program. The support team will also find your ticket and reply directly

There can be a variety of causes of error code -1. I've listed the common causes below which will hopefully assist you in completing the activation.

A) Please initially ensure you are connected to the Internet. An online connection is required to activate the software. Check your firewall settings to ensure it is not preventing the Xara program from accessing the Internet.

The program uses port 443 ssl. This is the default port for HTTPS/SSL ( the default port which is used when you complete online purchases via a secure server).

B) Customers on Windows 7 have reported this error when MS Windows 7 Speech Recognition is enabled. Disabling this will prevent the problem from occurring.

C) The program uses the Internet Explorer API for the online communication modules.

Please go to the system's Control Panel and proceed to "Internet Options". Switch to the "Advanced" tab and find the "Security" section in the long list of check boxes. You will find entries for the different Internet communication protocols here.

Please check whether the options TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are ticked. If that is not the case, please enable/tick these options and confirm your settings.

D) A crucial operating system service that should be running by default may have been disabled. In order to check this, please bring up the Windows "Computer Management", e.g. by opening the Windows Start menu, right-clicking on "Computer" and choosing "Manage".

In the Computer Management screen, navigate to the "Services and Applications" section on the left-hand side and proceed to the "Services" sub section. Find the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" in the alphabetic list of services and check whether the status for this service is "started". If not, right-click on this entry and start/resume it. Then try the program activation again.

Thanks, please let us know if the problem persists.

Jesus Christ ! Oh no !

update:

I have downloaded 64bit version, my PC is 64 bit. Win 7

you can check printscreen : Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	107685
    Last edited by Rut; 26 May 2015 at 01:07 PM. Reason: dont know

speech recognition is not available in my language

Quote Originally Posted by Rut View Post
    Jesus Christ ! Oh no !
    Please don't swear.

speech recognition is not available in my language
    It's not required.

I would say thank you for spend hours and hours to sitting and looking for a problems that other aplications doesnt include

internet expoler is main browser. TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are ticked --- ssl 2 ssl 3 is ticked as well ... still unable to use activation keys

Rut, these things happen from time to time.

There isn't a deluge of people with this issue, so you are unfortunate.

background inteligent servise is started - webdesigner is still unable to accept activation code

...... I really need proceed my web work. This update was wrong decision
    There's nothing stopping you proceeding with your work with the previous version until this is sorted out. Just ignore the update until the issue is corrected.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.