Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default moving to new template

I just picked up V.11Premium since it has some nice enhancements.
    Is there a better way moving a site to a new template, besides Edit > Copy page, Edit > paste page or Paste > paste in place?
    Maybe there have been some helpful changes and timesavers.
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: moving to new template

I don't think there is.

What I would do:

Open the new template and add lots of Guides to the first page.
    Clone the page for as many pages in the required site.
    Change the page style as needed and clone this too.

In the original, ensure as many of the colours are set up as themes.
    Copy across these objects individually and accept the change to the intended theme colours (having matched names).

Copy a single NavBar instance across (all page names need to match).
    Set up repeat on all pages.

Given all major images as Names (filename=imagenn).

Work through Layers on each page (these usually only have content and not structure so should be quick).

Position all elements to the Guides.

Try a dry run to avoid all the little changes where things are just off.

Prove the site works.
    Only then add new features (never mix migration from new detail).

I have tried changing a website to a template in situ and that is much harder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

WD11 also has Drag a Drop colour schemes now (Don't know if this is new to WD), so if you go into Website Themes / Free example towards the bottom there are six colour schemes which you can just drop onto your site to alter it. Not the same as changing the template, I know, but a move towards it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I believe the drag and drop colour schemes were already in earlier versions. Angelize wrote a great tutorial for organising colour schemes and palettes and applying them across different sites:

http://www.xaraxone.com/tips-and-tri...rld-of-colors/

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    WD11 also has Drag a Drop colour schemes now (Don't know if this is new to WD), so if you go into Website Themes / Free example towards the bottom there are six colour schemes which you can just drop onto your site to alter it. Not the same as changing the template, I know, but a move towards it.

Thanks guys.