Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Just Launched - Xara Web Designer 11

Has anyone published an existing WD10 website using WD11 without alterations other than using WD11?

I have. It did not like that very much and seemed to not recognise the fonts and mouse-overs used, so much so that I had to republish using WD10. I'm using iPage as a host and I sometimes get publishing problems but not often.

Perhaps it's just my website - it's not important and I think I had the same problem with WD10 at first.

Nope, I've tested numerous old .webs from as far back as v8 in v11 without any issues at all..
    Test refomatting is the only slight change necessary and has never made things worse, just better for modern browsers.

I posted about my problem with links and everything.....and the ******* problem went away as soon as I did that.

This appears to be a problem with iPage that the changes seem to take a while to take effect or something. But the good news is it appears to be nothing to do with Xara.

I'll get my coat....

No idea why this is happening Dave.

On the first link the pasteboard is purple and the page is yellow.

I get a forbidden on the 2nd link so I can't comment.

One thing to try, I don't know if it will work or not. Delete all the html pages and the index_html_files folder.

Ensure you've got upload only changed pages UNTICKED. Upload an see what happens.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

I tried to take down or edit my post but you're just too quick! This appears to be a 'propogating' problem with iPage it changes things really slowly, whether it's cache or something I don't know but I was on the Stat-Shots site and suddenly it auto-refreshed in my browser formatted okay! Go figure as my sister-in-law often says.

Incidentally all of those shirts on Stat-Shots were created from scratch by me using Designer Pro X with loads of blurry black and white and colour match-day photographs my only reference (except for the Xmas shirt which I found online) - it was hard work but I'm fairly proud of it because that is now a permanent record of the Wildcats jerseys and logos (nearly all of those created from scratch too) that has never existed prior to my obsessions!

Anyway, as usual, thanks for your quick response and you must always remember that when you see a post from me, moaning about a problem, I am 70% pure idiot.

Cheers

When I set the Web Animation Mouse-Over effect for an element on the page.

Then

When Click/Touch on a mobile the animation happens as well even though it is set to do nothing.

That can be used for professional development?
    Rapid prototype to show to the client. Probably. But no more.
    I suppose that depends on the designer, no? And of course the complexity of the website, Web Designer is better suited to smaller to medium size websites. Web Designer is a tool, and a tool is just a tool. In the almost 20 years I have used Xara products to create print work, logos, brochures, magazine advertisements, and websites, I have never had one client who asked what software I used. What matters is the results. And if a client is more hung up on what software you will be using, then that is not a client I will ever accept work from.

Since I am not really in the loop anymore, how long does it usually take until the full Designer 11 Pro will come out?
    I upgraded to 10 Pro literally days ago, but I hope the new one will bring tables and most of all new vector design tools and if so I will upgrade again immediately.

I hope the new one will bring tables and most of all new vector design tools

People have hoped this for years. I wouldn't assume it will happen.

I have no idea if there will be table support or not, but it's a big mistake to make plans on the basis that any software product is going to add new features if they haven't been announced beforehand. Xara doesn't normally announce forthcoming feature additions before release..

There are workarounds for tables. It's not ideal, for sure.

Hi Wolfgang,

From my Xara products list I d/l'ed the trial of WD10 on almost the same date a year ago, as I've just d/l'ed the WD11 trial, so that was a year. I d/l'ed XD Pro X 10 two months after the release of WD10, so on that timescale XD Pro X 11 is due for release in two months time.

I doubt XD 11 will include tables, it's mainly a web based request. My guess is if it isn't in WD11 it won't be in XD11 either.

Might be totally wrong of course.

As for new vector tools we all live & hope
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host