Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Zooming

Default Zooming

I have used the pop up settings to expand photos on my web site is there any alternative method - mouse over??

Peter

Default Re: Zooming

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Prewett View Post
    I have used the pop up settings to expand photos on my web site is there any alternative method - mouse over??
    Peter
    Peter, you can add a large version of each photo to a different layer.
    On your MouseOff Layer, have a thumbnail of each linking to the appropriate photo layer.

There are ways to add photos into another design file and then use an IFRAME (Embed a website widget).

You could use Link > Link to file (PDF, AVI, etc).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I wouldn't recommend IFRAME for for this purpose when there are perfectly good methods in the Xara
    software for handling your pictures including photo gallery scripts (widgets).
    If you haven't the ability to generate your own ideas - don't pinch mine.

If in doubt, read the manual/help files

Layers as Acorn suggests. I've done this here www.gwpriester.com/Logo-Design.html The small thumbnails link via mouse over to the layers. The image that appears to be a mouse over for the thumbnails is actually on the layer itself.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Layers as Acorn suggests. I've done this here www.gwpriester.com/Logo-Design.html The small thumbnails link via mouse over to the layers. The image that appears to be a mouse over for the thumbnails is actually on the layer itself.
    Excellent example of how to do it in Xara
    If you haven't the ability to generate your own ideas - don't pinch mine.

If in doubt, read the manual/help files

Mouse over sounds ideal. The people with phones and tablets will hate you forever though.. ..and I drag my finger over the screen and pictures pop-up? Nah, I'd rather choose what I want to see with a good old-fashioned click.

I checked-out Gary's design and it's quite clever.

On mobile it uses click to update. On desktop, the mouse-over is there, so the best of both worlds on Gary's site.

I would say that Gary's mouse-over technique only works because his display area for the large view is below the icon set. The mouse-over would be totally impractical for displaying images over the gallery icons.

Click always works, but if you do as Gary did, that's cool too.