Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: WebHostingPad

Question WebHostingPad

I would like to know if there are any users of this provider. I have had them for awhile but they have changed their uploading protocols. They no longer support normal ftp. Now they only support FTPES (explicit over ssl/tis) and SFTP (secure ftp). I have been using Serif WebPlus but it only supports normal ftp. I am seriously thinking of switching over to Xara but first I would like to know if it supports these formats. Of course the workaround is to use a ftp client like Filezillia.
    Get out and do something. Find a group and engage with other people @ MEETUP.COM

Default Re: WebHostingPad

OK, just found out the answer is NO!

Does Xara support SFTP/FTPS?

Current versions of Web Designer and Designer Pro do not support secured FTP connections, so in order to publish your website to your web host you'll need to export the website files locally by selecting File -> Export website. Then once that's completed use a third party FTP client program such as FileZilla or WinSCP and use that to upload the files to your web server.
    Get out and do something. Find a group and engage with other people @ MEETUP.COM

Default Re: WebHostingPad

I am hopeful this will change soon. In the meantime, you can publish to a folder on your computer and use a program such as Filezilla to transfer your files using SFTP.