Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How can I make something like this example work on a website designed in Xara?

My customer wants to know if we can accomplish this on his new site. I am hoping the answer is yes.
    while I have done something like this a few years ago, I am not sure if I did in Xara or had to do it another way.
    Your help would be greatly appreciated.

example: http://www.yourwaterwellandpump.com/...ystem-diagram/

Default Re: How can I make something like this example work on a website designed in Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by elledge View Post
    My customer wants to know if we can accomplish this on his new site. I am hoping the answer is yes.
    You're in luck, the answer is YES!

Use popup layers.

Default Re: How can I make something like this example work on a website designed in Xara?

Welcome to TalkGraphics elledge

To elaborate on what Steve recommends. In the Page & Layout Gallery, create a new layer for every one of the numbers (in the case of the site you referenced, 25 new layers. Give each layer a name that relates to the content. In this case it would be 1, 2, 3, ... 25. Place the content for each link on its own layer.

Use the Website Properties > Mouse-over section and select ( ) Show Pop-up Layer to link target objects on the MouseOff layer to each of the pop-up layers.

WD6 Re: How can I make something like this example work on a website designed in Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics elledge

To elaborate on what Steve recommends. In the Page & Layout Gallery, create a new layer for every one of the numbers (in the case of the site you referenced, 25 new layers. Give each layer a name that relates to the content. In this case it would be 1, 2, 3, ... 25. Place the content for each link on its own layer.

Use the Website Properties > Mouse-over section and select ( ) Show Pop-up Layer to link target objects on the MouseOff layer to each of the pop-up layers.
    Awesome! Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Gary;
    I am trying to do this in pro 11 and I can't seem to get it to work. I have to admit, my comprehension and regular use of layers is terrible at best. If I sent the file could you look at it and tell me where I an messing this up? I hate to bother you with this but I am at my whits end. Thanks so much.

Best to post your document here.

I may have misled you. In Web Designer Pro 11 the Mouse-over function has been added to the Web Animation Properties. (See attachment)

So right click on your trigger object, select Web Animation and in the Mouse-over section, select the appropriate layer from the Show Pop-up Layer drop down list. Remember to click Apply after you add each link. That last step is crucial.

I have attached a simple page with layers and linked buttons so you can see how this is structured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web animation - Mouse-over.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	107838  
    Attached Files Attached Files

A million thanks!!! I really appreciate your help more than I can say. Someday I will have to learn how to make a video of this and post it to youtube.com

Maybe a link to your website will be enough.