Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm really having a hard time in designing my web page because i don't know much about it but i need to make one for my project in school... Please help me...

-->HoP =b

I'm really having a hard time in designing my web page because i don't know much about it but i need to make one for my project in school... Please help me...

-->HoP =b

Sure, Lets start by getting you into the right forum,

Site Design and publishing is where you want to be.

I will put a copy of your message there, OK.

OK, Tell us a little bit about it, what software do you have to work with?

what do you want the site to say and look like?

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on February 25, 2003 at 08:08.]

This has to be your starting point. Is it to be a glossy come-join-us site, with loads of images or something more technical, for people to consult? You can then worry about the resources. While a few of us use NetObjectsFusion, I believe many more in this forum use DreamWeaver, which I certainly won't knock. And then there are a few (more than that?) who use Notepad and cose what I think is the hard way but they, correctly, believe to be accurate and efficient. There's so much to learn and so much fun to be had...so long as you have the time and, more important, commitment. OK, good luck, and end of ran

Jon
    Jon

Here is my questionnaire for smaller projects (for a large one you need much, much more info. (Please excuse the dirty html - it is a direct save from Word).

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Hithere... there really and truly is no one approach to designing a website, nor one app alone with which to create such with...

Many use DreamWeaver as a web editor, in conjuction with using say PhotoShop for image editing and web element creation, to give you but one example (perhaps the most common) , myself, I personaly prefer to use PhotoImpact for web layout conception, then take the main image slices and insert them into to simple nested tables and cells built in FrontPage... using cell padding/spacing along with background coloring options found in the web editor to make up as much of the page as possible...as in apposed to having to use image spacers and the like... this is but one of many different methods one may use in designing even the simplest of sites...

...if you have an idea on what your site is going to be about, and/or can supply some graphics here to play with perhaps someone might do up an example or two in layout and code source to get you started on your way http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

till then,
    happy creat'n all