Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Design WD 10 Premium - toys I can't use :( on variants

Okay...love the whole Xara thing, learning so much.

My network guy pointed out to my development website so I could see how it looks from the outside on desktops, cellphones and tablets.

Of course the desktop version looks great - all the mouse over toys work --- sweet!

On the mobile phone, the vertical and horizontal does not look bad. Everything fits pretty darn nice on the screen. In Chrome, mostly everything lines up nice, in IE I'll have to tweak placement a little bit ....looks like its having some text-wrapping issues (or maybe its because I'm using OPEN SANS - Google fonts???)

The bad news....On the phone all my little cool mouse over stuff is not working....and of course it wouldn't, as you wouldn't "mouse over" with your finger Just my brain forgot that point!!! DUHHHHH~

So I'll have to put some of the mouse over toys away on the variant --- or place it to the side so its "on" all the time (if its text) next to its main object.

Oh well....

Karen

Default Re: Xara Design WD 10 Premium - toys I can't use :( on variants

Yes, it's not Xara issue Karen, it's mobiles as you say, don't implement roll-overs very well or at all. I always find it best to create a seperate menu for mobiles as often these can be to small on mobiles.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Xara Design WD 10 Premium - toys I can't use :( on variants

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Yes, it's not Xara issue Karen, it's mobiles as you say, don't implement roll-overs very well or at all. I always find it best to create a seperate menu for mobiles as often these can be to small on mobiles.
    yeah....I know, Egg...

Kinda "phooey" though.

Here's the other thing, I did one design for Desktop and Tablet (960 page size) and one for the mobile (480 page size)....none of the mouse overs will work on the tablet either (of course...), am I going to have to make 3 different variants? The tablet looks very nice even though the mouse-overs don't work.