Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Photoshop CS6 will not open psd, jpg, tif, or RAW files

I suddenly cannot open any photo files in Photoshop CS6 64bit. I can't open by right click>open as, or by opening within Photoshop with File>Open or from Lightroom 4 using Photo>Edit In>Photoshop CS6 or using Bridge. If I reboot my computer I can open one photo and then I can open no more. The files are fine. They all open in Lightroom. I've made no changes to my computer settings, etc.
    IP

Default Re: Photoshop CS6 will not open psd, jpg, tif, or RAW files

I would first try resetting Photoshop. You'll loose any toolbar customizations and some other settings. I believe it is hold down ctrl+alt+shift (PC), cmd+option+shift (Mac) while starting PS. Hold them down until you see a dialog.

If the above is the wrong keystrokes, Google it. It's been too long since I needed to reset an Adobe application.

If resetting the preferences with the keyboard option doesn't work, you are likely going to need to uninstall and reinstall. And I would recommend using the Adobe Cleaner application between uninstall and reinstall for your CS6 app (there are version dependent). Google that as well and only download them from Adobe's web site.

Mike
    IP

Default Re: Photoshop CS6 will not open psd, jpg, tif, or RAW files

I moved this thread to Graphics Chat.
    IP

Question Re: Photoshop CS6 will not open psd, jpg, tif, or RAW files

1. Open "My Computer" from your desktop. Double-click your hard drive.
    2. Open "Documents and Settings."
    3. Open the folder labeled with your user name.
    4. Open "Local Settings" followed by "Temp."
    5. Scroll down to the files beginning with "Photoshop" ("PS" for older Photoshop CS builds). This will be followed by a series of letters and numbers.
    6. Double-click each "Photoshop" ("PS") temp file to open them in Photoshop CS. This is the only way to identify which temp file contains the project you wish to recover. Luckily, because when Photoshop shuts properly it deletes its temp files, there should be no more than three or four.
    7. Select "Save As" from the "File" me
    8. If you can’t restore Photoshop file you may use more strength solution (link removed by moderator) PSD Open File Tool
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 26 June 2015 at 01:26 PM.
    IP