Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

xdp6 Transparent lines

Hi! This is driving me mad. I can't work out what I'm doing wrong. I'm drawing a box in Xara Design Pro, and the line keeps drawing as transparent. I can't make it black!
    There's no transparency on, there's no fill - but the line keeps appearing as grey. Have you any suggestions? Thanks!

Default Re: Transparent lines

so the first question is your [out]line color set to grey?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I don't think so....is there a way of checking this? Possibly I've done this with knowing. I just want black...no greyscale? C

sorry pressed submit too soon -

with no objects selected open the colour editor and from the drop down choose current line colour to check what it is and if necessary change it
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes - I've already done that. The thing is...can you just select black...I've scrolled to the darkest shade of the colour palette...but the line is still grey.
    Is there any way you can just click on the colours at the bottom and apply them to the line?

What is the Width of your outline?

And in the lower left of the window there is a small box (see attached) that shows a Fill color and Outline color. If there is no outline around the box then your object has no outline. If the center box is cross hatched, there is no fill color.

You may have accidentally set a default for no line or a transparency.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

have you checked the transparency tool info bar slider to see if there is a flat transparency attribute % set ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

It would be far quicker if you attached the web / xar file you're having this issue with.

EDIT: One possible cause could be you have Give new Objects Most recent Attributes set to on in the Options, General Tab and you've created a transparent object earlier. You may not see it has transparency if it's a group.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've been away from desk for a while. Thanks for help with this. I created a new page and drew a new oblong with a black outline and copy & pasted into the previous document. There must be a setting I've left on as in the comment above? Drawing a new oblong in the original document still has a grey transparent outline, even though there's no transparency set.

With your object selected, go to the color bar at the bottom of the Xara window, point your mouse to black or whatever color you want your line to be and right click your mouse. Right clicking applies your color selection to the line, standard left click on color applies to the fill color. I'm guessing you had the line color preapplied and set to gray (or some other color). Also check your line width. A zero point line is essentially transparent (a line with no width).