Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: MP3 Player Volume

Xara's MP3 and MP4 widgets have HTML5 fallback for devices that don't support flash.

Point is, that any initial volume setting is always relative..
    It's a totally pointless exercise.

whilst I see where steve is coming from there is merit in making sure the volume on the site is not too high if you really must have a site that plays audio automatically

if a visitor already has audio on and they have their volume racked up, say because they had been listening to quiet music, they are going to get blasted if the site volume is too high.. and if they are actually listening to quiet music when they land on the site they are going to be even more upset - which is why I agree with Fin, it is bad practice to have audio on automatically; even for musicians
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    Xara's MP3 and MP4 widgets have HTML5 fallback for devices that don't support flash.

Point is, that any initial volume setting is always relative..
    It's a totally pointless exercise.
    Steve,

Yes, the volume one will hear would be relative. But that does not make it pointless.

From a help perspective, why should I care whether the OP wants to set the volume at 0 or 100? If it can be done with Xara's widget, then great. If not, then there are other players that initial volume can be set.

Mike

I think steve missed the point about the practical ways in which people do things, rather than the purely theoretical...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you, guys, for the replies!

I understand your concerns, but the site is in fact just a landing page with a portfolio full of photos meant to be sent to some select target (although its not mail-marketing).

Its not optimized or intended for google, also. But its conversion is pretty easy to measure, so I can run later an AB test (with the song first, and later without the song).

Anyway, I notice that you can stop the loop of MP3 with HTML (http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...r-from-looping). Can my trouble be solved with an HTML code in the head?

Cheers.