Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: website with variants

Hi Paul,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I'm a bit confused at the moment, if when you use the XWD using the .web file I sent you do you see all of the pages? If so then page appointment 2 is the one that has the form in it, however when I went to the mobile page of the same name I didn't see the for so I included the placeholder html code in a rectangle as I did for the web page.
    I think I've done something strange when it came to creating the mobile variant because the form is in the laptop web page but when I went to the mobile page there was no form.
    The php file is on a localhost server .
    The Parkdalechiro-contact-form-handler.php is simple going construct the email all the necessary checks have been done before this is executed.
    I have attached another .web page hopefully this should show the form. I have also attached a htm file which where I have got the code for the the place holders which is called 'appointment 2'

Hope this helps
    Best regards,
    Peterp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Peter, you'll need to rely on Egg - I don't currently have access to a version XWD.

Hi again Peter, I can see them now. I've tested your appointments page on a PC and a mobile & I can confirm although the fields are completed, I get the alert on my mobile to complete these fields. I'm unsure this isn't due to not having the php file on my server or if it's a fault of the form code you're using not being compatible with Android.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,
    I have attached a zip file of the appointment code after the placeholders have been applied as seen by Dreamweaver also the contact handler is there for your information it is a php file.
    What I intend to do today is to create another website that has nothing else except a contact page for the PC and a variant for a mobile, using the code for the form and see what happens.
    The steps I will use are
    1 create a normal web page that has the form imbedded and make sure this works as a web page
    2.Create a variant of this page and see how Xara handles this.
    3.I will be utilising all of the ancillary programs.
    I believe that I should not have to anything more than when the variant is created but to make it fit the size of the phone

I hope this will help us solve this issue
    Thank you very much for your help it is extremely appreciated
    Best Regards,
    Peterp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Peter, I think I've found your problem. The code in your placeholder has an error checking routine as well as your php code. These are obviously clashing on the mobile phones.

Try removing one or the other
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,
    Thankyou enormously for your help in this matter, I have removed the error checking and as you said it works, however when I test through xara that is not publishing it I get an error 404 url not found, when I check the program is in the same directory as the rest of xara. I have then tested the website using dreamweaver and the whole site seems to work as expected. My question is why does it not see the error checking program (Parkdalechiro-contact-form-handler.php) I have php on my server which is a localhost using xampp. When I publish this site through xara I also have the same issue except Magix displays it slightly differently.
    If you have any suggestions as to what I have done wrong I would appreciate it if you could suggest them to me.
    Worst case senario is that I will export via FTP the site from dreamweaver, one thing I did notice is that when I try to test the whole site in Xara that is not publishing it I get the 404 error so I have to test the pages individually maybe thats a clue not sure.

Hope you can shed some light onto this
    Best Regards,
    Peterp

Hi Peter,

I've found something quite interesting.

1: I commented out all the error checking in the php file.
    2: This just left the error checking in the placeholder
    3: This worked fine on the Desktop view
    4: On the mobile variant (on my PC reduced browser window) it still gave all four errors although all fields where complete.
    5: Widening the browser window and the form then had all input fields marked red.
    6: Entering say the name and email and then reducing to the mobile variant, these fields were blank but hitting Submit then it only errors on the remaining 2 fields.

The code is therefore only seeing the desktop form and not the mobile variant. If I just try to share the form I get a message it can't be shared only copied. This is what's causing the issue I beleive.

You can make it work if you create a single page website only containing your form. Create a placeholder calling up the form on your main website. Copy it to the mobile variant. This works
    Egg

Here's the message I was getting when trying to share the form with the variant. Never seen it before & can't see how the form can be a Live Copy ? Anyway as I say, using an iframe cures all ill's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liveshared.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	107459  
    Egg