Dear Xarists—

I want to thank you so very much for the kind sentiments you’ve posted here.

I asked Barbara to print the pages so I can read them here in my room.

I’m off the “high-quality pharma”. Noooooo! That 80-foot salmon over there is telepathically talking to us! Can’t you hear? “I want to eat you.” Shh! Take my hand and climb into this dumpster… Whew!

Every day that passes, I wish I was home. Oh, and every day I’m growing stronger. A week ago I had almost no feeling in and could not move my right leg. Four days ago I went from hand-powered wheelchair (Jake Sulley in Avatar, but not as handsome) to taking a few steps with a walker. When I am able to use a cane I want to shop for something with a carved wood lion’s head and a light saber in the stick. (My PT keeps telling me that I need a standard handle and an adjustable metal stick, but we are still in negotiations.

When I get home, I don’t expect to fight Marvel’s Ultron soon, but I’d like to think that I could kick James Spader’s butt around once or twice.

For right now, I want you to practice some of your least favorite Xone tutorials. (You’ve practiced your favorite ones enough!)

When I get back, I’ll turn the first draft I’ve written into a video tutorial on typesetting, the art of making a page look great using the Text tool’s Infobar features.
Plus we will have a guest tutorial from Francis Proctor the shows you how to turn text into molten, chipped, or otherwise distressed gold. Oh, and if I get a couple of hours, I think I can finish and offer a mega-cool giveaway.
How’s that for getting back on track!?

My Best,
Gary