Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Page height auto adjust?

I have a feeling this isn't possible within web designer 10 but.

Is there a way to have a page height auto adjust to keep up is dynamically added content?

I thought about iframes but really don't want the scroll bars like 1998 is calling.

cheers.

Default Re: Page height auto adjust?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Scroll bars appear when the content of the page is taller than the height of the screen.

A feature called Push is what you are looking for. Do a search in Web Designer Help for Position on Page > Push. It is a bit complicated to try to explain here But after you have read the help section and tried it out, let us know what you think.

Gary, I believe MrDrizz wants to know if there is a way to add dynamic content and have the page auto legthen or shorten. Push won't do this.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think that was the whole idea behind Push, Egg. If you add more text, the text pushes the objects beneath it, which have to be designated I think as Footer, down.

That said, I just did a search for Position on Page and even though it appears in the right click fly out menu, there is no Help content for Push or Position on Page. Arg, ack and *&^%$#@!!!

Hi Gary. You're completely correct regarding Push (I've not used it though) but this function forces objects in a Xara document below it down the page and lengthens the page if required.

My point is the OP is wanting to create a page in Xara which loads dynamic content from say a Wordpress file and have it load into a Xara page and automatically lengthen to fit that content. At least this is what I think he's saying. Hopefully he'll call by soon
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think this maybe what your looking for http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5594 scroll down the posts to get the latest tweaked version

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Gary. You're completely correct regarding Push (I've not used it though) but this function forces objects in a Xara document below it down the page and lengthens the page if required.

My point is the OP is wanting to create a page in Xara which loads dynamic content from say a Wordpress file and have it load into a Xara page and automatically lengthen to fit that content. At least this is what I think he's saying. Hopefully he'll call by soon
    you are correct, I'd just like the page to dynamically adjust it's height to fit content be that a forum or blog.

I had wanted this feature but it never materialised. Something like that would require a 'footer' designation to certain elements allowing the page to alter in size. If you want fully dynamic sites then wordpress is the easiest.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Didn't COVOXER write a tweak for that very thing?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Yes, the Dynamic Page Tweak for v7. But it worked only the first time you load the page, it's not live, you needed to refresh the page each time.
    I'm not sure it works at all since version 9 which introduced the Push feature.