Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Forms to be completed in website eg contact

First, my apologies if there's an obvious source but I've searched under every keyword I can think of and got nowhere.

I am about to buy Xara Design 10 premium to replace my present web design software from Coffee Cup. However, I cannot find in either the Xara Designer Pro 10 premium examples or the app any ref to the creation of forms like contact forms for insertion into websites for users to complete and have sent to the owner.

Please can someone point me oin the correct direction? Many thanks

Default Re: Forms to be completed in website eg contact

Hi Flip

If you look in the design gallery- scroll to 'page elements and widgets', there should be a folder labelled Forms(widgets) and within this there are about 6 options.

Is that what you are looking for?

Exactly - many thanks. I wonder why it didn't come up in my search. I shall buy the app since it looks to be ideal for my needs - and streets ahead of the competition I think.

Welcome to TalkGraphics flip

You can also use your Coffee Cup created forms I believe. Xara uses something called "placeholders" to add code to the page. If you have an embed code for your coffee cup form you may be able to paste the code into a placeholder and use the form as is.

A placeholder is usually a simple rectangle you create with the Rectangle Tool. You add the code in the Website Properties > Placeholder (either Body or Head). If you do a search on Placeholders in Web Designer or Designer Pro you will get more information.

That'll be very useful - thank you.

Just one point further if I may, would Xara contact forms be responsive in a responsive theme? Would contact forms imported from CC be responsive also?

Hmmm? I am not sure. My guess is they would not. But you can download a fully functional trial version and experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by flip View Post
    Would contact forms imported from CC be responsive also?
    Yes, as long as you use a responsive theme in WFB and you appropriately change the placeholder width and height to suit the form for each variant
    Last edited by jamesd; 04 May 2015 at 12:46 AM.