Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation Web Designer 10 and Google maps

So only had Web designer 10 for a few days and I love it. (my first new xara product since xtreme 5) But I'm having trouble with adding a Google map to a page.

I get the following error

Unable to find the HTML code for the widget on the widget site or on the clipboard.

-There are two variations to the Google Maps UI. These instructions refer to the new style. You should be prompted to switch to the new style Google map if you are still seeing the old style (without the settings button referred to below).
    - Search for a location using the search bar or click on the button labelled get directions.
    - Enter your start and end address if you require a map displaying directions and click on on the search icon.
    - Adjust map to desired center and zoom level.
    - Click on the cog symbol located on the bottom right side of the window.
    - Select 'Share and embed map' and then click on 'Embed map'.
    - Copy the HTML code provided.
    - Click the Insert button below to add the widget to your page.
    I'm not getting prompted to switch. I have the latest update to the program.

Any tips would be awesome.

Thanks.

Default Re: Web Designer 10 and Google maps

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I use Bing maps which are just as good.

The important thing to remember and which is not always as clear as it should be, is you need to generate the code, highlight and copy the code to the clipboard, then click Insert.

Default Re: Web Designer 10 and Google maps

Yes, it's never been correct imho. The button should at least be labelled 'PASTE CODE' This would give a better clue to those who know that in order to paste anything one first needs to copy it.