Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mouse over on scaled down supersite does not work in Firefor and IE

When a supersite is scaled down in height so that borders are shown on left and right side ( current width has to be smaller than the page width of the design ) then the mouse over effects do not work in Firefox and Internet Explorer. They do work in Chrome and Opera.
    It works when the following code is changed in function xr_mm:
    if (xr_ms > 0) {
    if (xr_scale && !xr_spaold) {
    if (!xr_chrome) {
    if (xr_scof) {
    } else {
    x = (x-((xr_xr.parentNode.offsetWidth-(xr_xr.offsetWidth*xr_scale))/2)+xr_dx)/xr_scale;//** error correction, before: xr_ox + ((x - xr_ox) / xr_scale);

The error correction might be simpler but I wanted to limit the change to one single line.

Default Re: Mouse over on scaled down supersite does not work in Firefor and IE

Hi siran,
    Can you explain in more detail what you mean by 'scaled down in hieght' ? Sites are supposed to be viewed at 100%

Hello Steve,

thank you for the fast reply.

Supersites can be made to scale to fit the browser window. When the browser window is reduced to a height smaller than defined in the page options such a supersite is scaled down to fit the browser window. Thats what I meant. The width of the browser window does not really matter when trying to reproduce the effect but there have to be borders on the left and right side of the page design. Should I upload a picture to explain what I mean. Please excuse me if my description is misleading somehow. I am not a native speaker.

By the way, I think the real problem is that the global variable xr_dx is not set under the described conditions in the mentioned browsers.

A simple example can be found at: http://oerel.goip.de/mouseoverproblem
    The design uses a width of 8000 pixels so it should be easy to scale it down in a browser.
    If you open the page in Firefox and size the browser window to a landscape format (borders on left and right) than the effect will be visible, which means the squares stay black when the mouse moves over them.
    When the browser window is changed to portrait format (borders on top and bottom) then the squares turn red when the mouse moves over them, which means mouse over works.
    Last edited by siran; 30 April 2015 at 08:37 AM.

Gotcha.. Yes, I see the issue. Perhaps this bug is fixed in V11 when it arrives?

Seems to work in V11, but there is a different problem with the scale to fit option there. I will post a new thread.