Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Guide Layer colors

I'd like to be able to change the color of the guide layer without first having to name a color. In fact, I'd like to have multiple guide layers that I can assign different colors to for separate tasks.
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Guide Layer colors

You can change the color for the guides but not for individual layers (at least I don't think you can)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guide Layer Colors.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	107290  

I think what Sheff is saying is there can only be only Guides Layer and only one colour select for the guides themselves and to change the colour you need to have a Named colour to be able to pick it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

XaReg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-28_091914.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	107294  

Steve - How is this different from the screen shot I posted? Am I missing something?

Yes, perhaps...
    You can't change your color from red unless you create a named color right? This is what Sheff wanted to avoid.
    Using XaReg enables you to change the default guides colour (as set in the Xara registry) to whatever you fancy without naming a colour.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Here is a handy little trick open the colour gallery and expand the standard colours folder, these are the colours that appear on your colourline. right click the folder and untick show on colourline. Now double click each one to add it back to your colourline as a named colour! Yes I admit its a bit of work ( not as much though as naming a whole bunch of colours) but once all the colours are added back you could save your document as a template and even set it as your default template so you would always have a full set of named colours on your colourline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Good tip, F.