Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Brown CMYK

Default Re: Dark Brown CMYK

Quote Originally Posted by digitalphaser View Post
    Sorry. I meant as in Photoshop where I can select different profiles for specific color space. Can something Xara?
    No. That is because PS, AI, CD, PP, DP, etc., are color managed applications. Xara applicaitons have no concept of color space profiles or working spaces. Whatever it uses (maybe the OS RGB profile), it is hard-baked into the application. XDP only supports a PDF export condition.

I and maybe a few others have requested at minimum configurable color working spaces in the past.

Yes, I do the same with a few additions in the printer settings.
    And my print house allowed TAC of 300-320%.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outputxara.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	107269
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outputacrobat.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	107270

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    No. That is because PS, AI, CD, PP, DP, etc., are color managed applications. Xara applicaitons have no concept of color space profiles or working spaces. Whatever it uses (maybe the OS RGB profile), it is hard-baked into the application. XDP only supports a PDF export condition.

I and maybe a few others have requested at minimum configurable color working spaces in the past.
    A pity really. Although the software that has name Pro, can be a bit more to offer. Recent improvements as responsive web design etc. have not made me happier.

Yes, various output conditions allow greater/lesser TAC. The job from my screen shot was intended for newsprint in the UK and so the TAC is much lower than any of the FOGRA conditions.

It would be nice, failing an actual Document-level color spaces to be defined, if Xara at least tied a user-selected output condition to the Show Print Colors button.

One reason I still use CMYK color books even in color-managed applications, is because I began doing print work on an amber monitor using PCs. No chance to even see variations in color on-screen. Later, when paper white monitors became available, I marveled that at least then I could see gray shading for given colors. Then, when VGA monitors became available, PC applications were still not color-managed so the color books were still relevant. Perhaps it is still out of habit (and necessity in XDP) that I still use them. And I have several from straight CMYK color swatch books to a couple with harmonious CMYK swatches for thematic use, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalphaser View Post
    A pity really. Although the software that has name Pro, can be a bit more to offer. Recent improvements as responsive web design etc. have not made me happier.
    You me and others.

But there are, to me, more important things I would place ahead of being color-managed if all my wishes couldn't be incorporated. Like OpenType features. I would place that above color management in my desires if I could only have one request fulfilled. Print on all plates would be another (tied to a real Registration color). And perhaps several drawing features would be above it.

Mike