Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Different Color applied to "Text Faces" and liniar fills in background

Hi Folks,

I'm just starting to get familiar with XARA 3D7, and have two questions the Help Files don't understand:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Portobello.png 
Views:	414 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	107225

(1) Can I manage the text colors in Xara 3D7 like this image?

(2) The background of my image is created with a linear fill. Can such a tool in Xara 3D7 accomplish This sort of thing. The idea is to save as a transparent GIF and place it over that same linear fill background.

Many Thanks,

jPaulB

Default Re: Different Color applied to "Text Faces" and liniar fills in background

You can create the background as a jpg. And in 'Texture Options', you can load this as a background.

Then type in your text, select the font you want, then change the colours of the letters, as you wish.
    Then choose which animation you want.
    Exporting as a gif with 256 colours might be best, as you have a linear fill, as the background.

You could always, export the animation as a transparent background, that way, you don't have to worry how the background is going to look, when you insert the animation, onto another background. If you know what I mean?

Click the image to see the animation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	portobello.gif 
Views:	301 
Size:	897.0 KB 
ID:	107226  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: Different Color applied to "Text Faces" and liniar fills in background

That's sorts the right ides...but how did you change the colors of the specific text to RED?

Many Thanks,

jPaulB

DELETED ....sorry - wrong software

Hi Paul.

Have a look at the attached image.
    Click the icon highlighted, to display the cursor.
    Then you can position it to where you want, then highlight the part of the text you want to change.
    Changing the colour is done in the 'Colour Options' panel - also shown in the image.

If you don't have much experience in the software, go to the Help section, and you can click on 'Play tutorial movie'.

Here's the link:
    http://www.xara.com/uk/products/xara.../#video_player
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x3d7-text.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	107227  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

To add to what Rik said, you can move the cursor using the arrow keys on the keyboard, to select the word or letters to change hold the shift key and move the cursor to select, the selection will change color a little to indicate what you have selected. From color options you can change the text, text faces, or text sides of the selection.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Outstanding! That's precisely what I was trying to do.

Now to figure how how to control the light sources

Many Thanks

jPaulB

Light sources are easy ...

Just click the light bulb on the toolbar to show the lights. Drag them round to wherever you want them, and double click them to change the lighting colour. The striped one positions the shadow location and colour.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.