Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Here is my latest website using transistions

I thought this turned out well using a template. I think it looks pretty good for a Xara-Built website. I am now looking at polishing it up and seeing what we can do with parallax scrolling. Here is the design: http://www.britresource.com/gps/#xl_xr_page_index

Default Re: Here is my latest website using transistions

Looks great.

I'd said it was really good.. ..if it didn't rattle!

Like the transitions, but the background image is so wide I have horizontal scrollbars as well as vertical ones, so I can drag the content around. It feels like it's loose.

I should explain that I don't use scrollbars much - I use my touchpad to scroll.

I don't get scroll bars on my phone.

The about page uses justified text the rest do not. I would suggest using left justified on all pages.

Looks good.

Mike

The background image is 1555 pixels wide on the desktop, narrower version is 492 pixels, so too wide to see properly in portrait mode on mobile.

I usually browse in landscape orientation. I still don't get scroll bars in portrait mode by default, but I also cannot read the site that way without zooming in. So not mobile friendly in that regard.

I think on the desktop, I'm getting the worst experience because I use a two fingered gesture for scrolling on a trackpad, so it's easy just to drag the screen around - not the same experience if you use a mouse.

Having a hard time seeing the menu on the left.

Can only see the right halve of the menu on my phone

Ah, I did notice that the mobile variant supplied with this template created the 'loose' or 'rattle' effect and I deleted it before I uploaded the site. So what you were seeing on mobile devices was the desktop version and I didn't expect anyone to see that yet, I was really showing how you can get a pretty decent 'modern' looking desktop website with Xara.
    Since I uploaded the site, I have created a mobile version of my own using a lot of copying and pasting and adding a redirect to the mobile version.
    Again, this is a work-in-progress and I think it is a good example of how quickly you can create a website using Xara.. (templates)
    If you click this link now, it will be the same as before for desktop devices but redirected for the smartphones to my more 'fixed' mobile version:
    http://www.britresource.com/gps
    Last edited by andymack; 22 April 2015 at 01:13 AM. Reason: edited link to ensure redirect works

..now there's no mobile variant.