Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara 3D Maker 7

Default Xara 3D Maker 7

I am just wondering ..... Can Xara 3D Maker 7 be used with other web design programs? I am working with another web design program (Serif WebPlus X7) that does not have this feature. I love how it converts 2D into 3D which is very exciting and effective. Thanks for all responses.

Default Re: Xara 3D Maker 7

I would assume so if you export in a format you can use. Although I really don't know since I don't do any web site building.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Smile Re: Xara 3D Maker 7

Can anyone tell me if you use Xara 3D Maker 7 with any web design program other than Xara products? Would also love to know how you import it into other web site programs and how it works with these programs. Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions. Again, I am thinking of using Xara 3D Maker 7 with Serif X7 web design program.

You might not get the answers you need in this particular forum. I cannot move it but hopefully a mod who can will move it to a web design forum.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Unhappy Re: Xara 3D Maker 7

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    You might not get the answers you need in this particular forum. I cannot move it but hopefully a mod who can will move it to a web design forum.
    Hello sir, what I am looking for is how to use Xara 3D maker 7 with other web software. I thought this forum would be the ideal place to ask questions since its title is: Xara 3D Maker 7. I have been away from Xara products for a while and have not noticed the changes. I wish there was an owners manual that outline in a step-by-step method how to export and then import the features of this product into other formats. I have gone to YouTube and found several videos that show how to change 2D fonts and objects to 3D but no one deals with the export/import methods which is where I am having problems. Thanks for your comment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D export.png 
Views:	603 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	107240

Exporting different formats, see screen shot above.

You might check this out and see if this will be of any help to you.

http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook86/

Importing into 3D Maker 7 I do not understand but there are several options, hopefully someone will come along who does and can enplane it, in the mean time I'll just experiment with it and see what I can figure out.
    I should think that exporting a gif or flash file would work for you. Well maybe not flash because cell phones cannot play them and apple does not support it.
    Another option is html 5, if you are into programing. It's a markup language used for structuring and presenting content for the World Wide Web.

I at one time made a power point and inserted a Xara 3D Gif and it worked great. But for the web I think you are somewhat limited on what formats you can use but, not doing anything web related I really don't know.

Sorry but that's the best I can do at the moment.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Hi,

I just downloaded Xara 3D Maker 7. When I am trying to save screensaver after editing sample software shots down. I was able to do it once but then it freezes and shots down on every attempt. My PC is powerful and I have good video card. I really like this soft and would like to buy it but I need to figure out why it happening. I have tried to save it just after opening SAMPLE and it always works. As soon as I edit sample...it would not save it. Please help.

Thanks,
    Eugene

Hi Eugene and Welcome to TG.

Sorry to hear your having issues with this. It's not normal. I have v7 and it saves screensavers with no issue. It may be a restriction of the free trial D/L but I don't think it is, it should just export but with a Xara watermark.

First try the following. Find the programs launch icon, right click and choose "Run as Administrator". See screen shot.

If this didn't work, try uninstalling it, then reinstalling it and run as Administrator again.

One final point, on the D/L page Xara says:

We recommend you stop any Registry protection utilities before attempting to install as they can prevent the application from installing correctly.
    If none of the above work I suggest contacting Xara Support

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	administrator.png 
Views:	484 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	112008  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 03 March 2016 at 02:57 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host