Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have insomnia, horrible for a teenager to have I suppose... or perhaps insomnia = addiction to Xara X, but I did about 5 of the tutorials, the ones that struck me as interesting, and 2 guest tutorials, and read all the tips... !
    Rian

Especially considering you are new to XaraX. You've made the transition from pen and ink to full colour really well.

Love the highlights and the blue flame effect.

If you are bothered by the skid mark coming out of the drawing you could use clipview to 'cut/trim' the shape at the corner. Or alternatively and more simply just overlay a couple of solid white rectangles to mask off the shape. One thing about exporting to a bitmap that is handy to know is that you can create a drawing with lots of shapes that go outside the drawing but on export if you draw a rectangle and send it to the back and just export that as a jpg/gif (but not a png) it will export everything above and thereby trimming off any ragged edges etc.

Great work Inabottle, thanks for sharing.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I'm impressed!! This is some might good stuff here!!

9 days??? I've been at this a bit longer and I'm certainly not that proficiant with this or any of the programs I have!!

Insomnia can be a blessing but mostly it's a curse, I know I have it too!! At 42 it's (no pun intended) tiring after a while. Might I suggest meditation, clear the mind and concentrate on one image and follow it all over your minds eye untill you get sleepy. It works some times for me!!

Have fun and get some sleep!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

about nine days, I downloaded the program on the 19th... That is prolly why my skin didnt look so great on the Matrix picture, but Im just starting out so everything is a learning experience, and Im taking all these tips and soacking it in like a sponge!

Rian

Over and Out
    Rian