Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Uhhhh yah, Im not very good with skin... which is unfortunate. Its all a learning experience, this is the last thing you will see from me in a while Im going on vacation, thank god for summer... Germany here I come. This is a scene from The Matrix,Had trouble with the face (especially the nose)...

Rian

Over and Out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	matrix02.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	20184  
    Rian

Uhhhh yah, Im not very good with skin... which is unfortunate. Its all a learning experience, this is the last thing you will see from me in a while Im going on vacation, thank god for summer... Germany here I come. This is a scene from The Matrix,Had trouble with the face (especially the nose)...

Rian

Over and Out
    Rian

Hello Rian!
    I like it, and never mind not all Xara user can draw skin very good, steve newport is very good in drawing face and skin. welcome to Europa and Germany, i wish you funny vacation in Germany.
    thanks...
    Lord

Welp, hopefully I will become one of the xara users who can... Perhaps my skill will grow better in time, tell then I have to practice and keep at it. Yes, I will have fun in Germany, guarunteed!!!

Rian

Over and Out
    Rian

You are doing just fine.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

excellent skin start for a 'newbie' ;-}

Have a great trip & vacation in Germany.

If you need help while being over here, just drop me a mail or call 0172-457-3920 national (no additional prefix or area code required). But hey, keep in mind that I don't have all ICE highspeed train connections available in less than a second ;-}.

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Hi Rian,

You did very well on this image.

Enjoy your trip to Germany.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Flesh is multi-colored, not just shades of the same color.

And of course flesh is different colors other than caucasian flesh. (Crayons used to have a color called Flesh which was later more politically correct called Peach).

If you look at paintings by the great masters while you are in Germany (or anywhere there is a good museum) notice the number of colors the artists use to create the appearance of flesh.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

This is tru... welp Ill be sure to use more colors in my next esperiment...!

Rian

Over and Out
    Rian

I hope she/he is aiming that 'piece' at a bad guy!!

As Gary said, skin has warm and cool tones to it and light and and shadow also plays into it as well. There is an underlying green tone and some blue as well, and depending on the nationality yellow in varying amounts. I have seen on darker skin bits of violet and more blue and red. For the light skinned person you have here I would look at some green (very pale) and slight pinks here and there. I would suggest creating a green under tone and use the an over tone of 'normal skin tone with varying degrees of transparency to get a smooth transition.

I don't know too much with drawing humans in vectors (I've done one called the Mean Look and it's posted in the Gallery forum (not the Xara Gallery) and it's not really spectacular but we all have to start somewhere ) but I am a pretty good painter and this was stuff I learned the hard way. Flat skin tones jump to life when you add in degrees of tints of other colors. Your mind may say GREEN?? or what ever but then you add in minute' amounts of these 'other' tones and you see what tones and shades are hidden and not all that obvious to the naked eye.

Experiment a little and see what you see!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---