Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logo

Default Re: Logo

I take my hat off to anyone who can create a logo with the customer looking over his shoulder.
    You must be a patient man, Turoks.

I think there's a cultural thing going on and a particular demographic for the business main clients.

Mexico is way more colourful than many countries and cultures and I suspect that the main clientelle for car resprays are young guys wanting in-your-face resprays, typically such customers aren't responding to subtle.

yes, cultural issues don't seem to crop up so much on TG.. over on the comic forum I use you have to be aware of them all the time [which you should be anyway really]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

He who pays the piper calls the tune - if you can advise with your hard-earned experience then great.

I have created quite a few logos for people and reactions go from first, not very good, just throwing ideas about, logo is accepted like I'm the world's greatest creative genius, to every single line, colour and shape is questioned to the degree that you think the person should really just be creating it themselves to save money.

In the end if the logo is what the client wants and they are happy with it, you just have to be pragmatic and let it go.

All I ever wanted to do is to draw, paint and create things and some how it still gets turned into a task. Glad I'm retired and can please myself nowadays.

I personally don't treat logo design as 'what it looks like finished'. Concentrate on the readable shapes first with just negative and positive space. If it's unreadable in that sense, then there's no point making it look really nice. I think even without all of the special touches in the first image, it would be difficult to read (but maybe easy to recognize and after some exposure, that vague shape of 'reloaded' will turn into a recognizable silouette.

Just my two cents.

The Logo is finished because the client is happy with it hseiken. None of us (except the OP) know what the journey was to get there.

The reloaded text is in an urban font, no doubt to appeal to the clients mostly young clientelle with cars that need some fancy work to show off to their friends.

We all agree it's not the best Logo, but if the client is happy, it's a perfect logo for the situation. I suspect this is a small client rather than a large chain with big bucks to spend and willing to fund the time to create the best possible logo.

I regularly get involved with designs that the customer loves and I think stink (and vice-versa). The customer wins.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    The Logo is finished because the client is happy with it hseiken. None of us (except the OP) know what the journey was to get there.

The reloaded text is in an urban font, no doubt to appeal to the clients mostly young clientelle with cars that need some fancy work to show off to their friends.

We all agree it's not the best Logo, but if the client is happy, it's a perfect logo for the situation. I suspect this is a small client rather than a large chain with big bucks to spend and willing to fund the time to create the best possible logo.

I regularly get involved with designs that the customer loves and I think stink (and vice-versa). The customer wins.
    I was critiquing the logo itself, not whether the artist has skills or not or whether they're competent or can make something pretty. I know plenty of people with apparently broken sense of 'pleasure' when it comes to what's appealing to look at.

However, it's possible to make a client happy and still approach the design with a way that, while it may not result in something you think is pleasing, it serves it's purpose better. I have strong opinions on how a logo should function, so I just voiced where I thought it fell short in that function.

Nothing more. I can tell a lot of work was put into the final image and shows off some interesting techniques I might ask about soon for a project I'm working on...