Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Stupid beginner image issue - please help?

I want to replace the images in the website template with my own images, BUT I want them to have the same look and feel (thin black border, corners cropped). Is there a way to do this in the web designer or must I do this in photoshop? I do have html knowledge from the stone ages and know how to add a simple border, but don't know if this is even possible if I didn't want to crop the edges. Thank you!

The attached images are:
    1) mountains. from xara template with cropped corners (not sure if I'm using the right terminology) and somewhat rounded thin border.
    2) mountains. again with little circle showing the corner (if I did it right)
    3) hands. This is one of the pictures I want to crop corners and do the same type of border as the mountain pictures.

I would be okay with just the border if absolutely necessary, but wouldn't prefer it.

Not really sure how to do the not squared border in photoshop either (but can do the corners), but that's something I can figure out on my own. Sorry if I'm not making sense, not sure the correct terminology. Thanks all!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Default Re: Stupid beginner image issue - please help?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

To replace the sample images in the templates, drag and drop the image you want to use on top of the image you want to replace.

You can either drag and drop from the desktop or a folder.

The image will scale to either the height or width. To resize the image, select the image with the Fill Tool. This will make the resizing/rotation arrows appear. Click on either of the small boxes at the ends of the arrows and use the arrow keys on your keyboard to enlarge or reduce the image. You can drag the center square to reposition the art in the containing shape.

Does this help?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!! Thank you SO much!!! I had NO idea you could do that! I've been importing the image. WOW, that is so very easy! Perfect! Wish I would have asked sooner, probably have spent 3-4 hours trying to figure this out already. You are awesome!

Awesome is what I strive for.

.... and to be honest, you manage to get there most of the time too, Gary.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.