Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 3D Maker 7 import problem

Quote Originally Posted by boowho View Post
    the problem now is that you apparently can't stretch (or shrink) a texture so that a single copy (no repeat) fits the board exactly; at least I can't figure out how to do it.
    you can do this [at least in version 6 so I presume in version 7] - so based on ver 6 :

best way is to make sure you have a good fit of shape and texture in the xar file - then when you export the texture and import it into 3D maker try and make sure the shape is the same size there as it was in xara designer - in 3D the shape is measured in text point size so probably a good idea to size it that way in designer in the first place

there is a way of tweaking/adjusting the size of the texture - again based on ver 6 they are sliders as I recall for x/y

sorry can't give specifics as I don't have program on laptop and not used it for quite a while; should be in the help though
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by boowho View Post
    Wizard509, I just tried your file.... It appears to be EXACTLY what I wanted. THANKS!!!

Boowho??

Oops..... ALMOST perfect..... I'm going to try and add an additional WHITE border around what you sent; it will be the exact same shape (rounded corners) as the existing green border. This should give me exactly what the Colorado tag looks like, and also allow the edge of my board to be white.

Thanks to all

Boowho??

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    booho, I looked at your file and if you want to get the image I am seeing into X3D, you need to select the green area and the white area group them and export the image. Copy the group and paste into
    X3D, this will give you a square or rectangle. Then look at texture options and open the texture group you previously exported, I selected text face to texture.I then went to color options and changed the text sides to a darker but similar green. See my X3D file.

Attachment 107056

Attachment 107055
    OK, got the extra white border added.

My biggest misunderstanding is that I (stupidly) thought that importing the original vector file would automatically give me the same texture.

In retrospect, I actually knew that all along but just had a brain fart regarding the matter ( I AM 72 after all).

Once again thanks to all that offered assistance/advice.

Boowho??

booho I worked on this more to put a white square border around your design. The green didn't come out dark enough in X3D and when I darkened it enough the white darkened also. So I went to XP&GD 10 and did it there. I grouped the green and white and applied a round bevel. So now you have your design with a white square border. Is this what you are wanting? Or a rounded corner line to match the green border?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	for booho.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	107087

mccoy trmplate rev.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.