Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 3D Maker 7 import problem

The attached files will not import correctly into 3D Maker 7.

Maybe someone could take a look at it and see the problem?? I've tried it as .EPS, .PDF, XAR and all the rest of the supposedly supported formats (including .WMF) always with the same result. My object shows up as a 3 dimensional cube.

Thanks

Boowho
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: 3D Maker 7 import problem

I don't have 3D Maker, but by looking at your file it seems that you might need to subtract the white area from the green. Also you have a lot extra shapes so I think that first, you'll need to clean up the file

Quote Originally Posted by MVMusic View Post
    I don't have 3D Maker, but by looking at your file it seems that you might need to subtract the white area from the green. Also you have a lot extra shapes so I think that first, you'll need to clean up the file
    Thank you..... I don't know how to do this "subtraction". Also, how did you discover these "extra shapes"? You can probably tell, I'm not a sophisticated graphics expert.

I used a program named Vector Magic to create the vector file from a raster image (.png) file.

Boowho??

I don't see PGD in your profile and you'll need it to erase the extra shapes, which you'll be able to see when you switch to outlines. Once you erase the extra shapes, (keeping one green and the white in the middle) move the white shape to the front, select both of them and press ctrl+2, then you can save the file and import it into 3D Maker

I went ahead and work the file for you, see if that's what you need
    Attached Files Attached Files

As MVMusic said, you have lots of extra shapes. You can see them in the Page and layout gallery in Photo and Graphic Designer. However, when you say it doesn't import correctly, what do you expect to import? as far as I know 3D Maker only imports shapes, so if you have a square background, It'll import as a square ... is this what you expected to see? If so, you need to delete everything except that shape? No subtraction required. Please confirm what you thought you should see.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2015.04.07_22h08m32s_001_.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	107051
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

booho, I looked at your file and if you want to get the image I am seeing into X3D, you need to select the green area and the white area group them and export the image. Copy the group and paste into
    X3D, this will give you a square or rectangle. Then look at texture options and open the texture group you previously exported, I selected text face to texture.I then went to color options and changed the text sides to a darker but similar green. See my X3D file.

Name:	test 1.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	107056

import.X3D
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    booho, I looked at your file and if you want to get the image I am seeing into X3D, you need to select the green area and the white area group them and export the image. Copy the group and paste into
    X3D, this will give you a square or rectangle. Then look at texture options and open the texture group you previously exported, I selected text face to texture.I then went to color options and changed the text sides to a darker but similar green. See my X3D file.

import.X3D
    Thanks to ALL..... I'm thinking that what I really want/need is to use the original .PNG as a texture on a rectangular board object. The final objective is to get a board that mimics the green and white state of Colorado license plate.

I've been playing with this; the problem now is that you apparently can't stretch (or shrink) a texture so that a single copy (no repeat) fits the board exactly; at least I can't figure out how to do it.

Once again, there are several interesting thoughts in this thread..... I plan to experiment with all of them.

Maybe a graphic that is ONLY the shape of the mountains(color all white) , then merge it with a rectangular board with the dark green color on IT.

Only problem then would be to get my actual text and the mountain shape to "work and play together" with each other

Best Regards

Boowho??

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post

import.X3D
    Wizard509, I just tried your file.... It appears to be EXACTLY what I wanted. THANKS!!!

Boowho??

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    As MVMusic said, you have lots of extra shapes. You can see them in the Page and layout gallery in Photo and Graphic Designer. However, when you say it doesn't import correctly, what do you expect to import? as far as I know 3D Maker only imports shapes, so if you have a square background, It'll import as a square ... is this what you expected to see? If so, you need to delete everything except that shape? No subtraction required. Please confirm what you thought you should see.

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2015.04.07_22h08m32s_001_.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	107051
    Thanks ss-kalm...... As I said in the previous message the file posted by Wizard509 did the trick.

Boowho??