Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Scribble April 2015

Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Scribble April 2015

A slow start this month.
    As I did a couple of months ago, but in reverse, here is a drop cap for this month made with the scribble.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scribble.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	106931  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

while i have been attempting these scribble challenges, i always pass on posting my amateurish images. this one didn't turn out too bad and without others to compare it to at the moment....well, here goes....

Name:	2015_04_scribbles.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	106932  

Don't sell yourself short Mike. It looks great.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    A slow start this month.
    As I did a couple of months ago, but in reverse, here is a drop cap for this month made with the scribble.
    Bob.
    Great job, I hadn't thought of that possibility of a drop cap from that line. Glad you did.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Good to see a couple of good posts. Here's mine, just the scribble with a pressure profile (propellor), cloned and a couple of nodes moved and then some infill of the spaces. Finally used to create a brush.

Name:	scribble-apr-2015.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	107052  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. I was about to get Mr. Whathisname on you for pressure profiling the line then I thought so what, the line is still there. I remember doing one a long time ago and it turned out really cool but the line showed all by itself on the top so I deleted it. Wish I knew which one that was.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Thanks, Larry! I'd just finished this when Egg posted his excellent scribble. So if it's ok to use stroke shapes/pressure profiles, here's my offering.....The ducks are Pen Pressure, the water is Propeller and the reeds are Convex 2

Name:	April 2015.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	107073  

Thanks Penny. Looks great. And as usual you used the line multiple times, which I like.
    In my opinion it should be OK to use profiles on the line but it has always been to use the line as given.

So to everyone, lets change the rule and allow profiling the line, however the overall shape of the line must remain the same if you get my meaning. So what say you; are we in agreement?
    The more I think of this it seems to be a can of worms. I should like to hear from you guys regarding this matter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line and pressure profiled line.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	107086

Sometimes it is hard to tell because you can latch onto one end and extend the line to any shape, but the basic shape of the line is still there.
    for instance here is one from me at the spur of the moment. The shape created by the line is still there, even though the line is not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	march scribble 2015.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	107085
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

comparing my weak attempts (the several scribble challenges i've tried and always by using the scribble pretty much as provided) against, essentially, everyone else's which creatively use the scribble.....i vote for creativity

it's cool (and educational) to see how a simple scribble can be interpreted and manipulated differently by others. and your sweet palette made me realize that the negative space of the scribble is just as useful!!!