Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Pop-Up Layers Not Closing Automatically.

You're telling me what designers do as if I'm not one. It may help if you stop talking down to me, and put that effort toward clarifying your message.
    May I say from the outset that this comment is very rude, unnecessary and detrimental to your cause. Acorn is trying his best to answer your problem and in no way is he "talking down" to you. Let's stay civilised.

I can see this problem within FF but not other browsers. I suggest it's more to do with the call to paypal on the roll-over effect than it is to do with Xara's software. What happens if you also call the paypal purchase button within the mouseoff state?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Can't replicate the problem here.
    http://xara-users.magix.net/public/hover-tiles/

Maybe there's some other placeholder code or head code the OP has used.
    I notice the Sharethis fixed social buttons which have open and close delays in the source code..

Also, the page background graphic is really too heavy, it's 2.5Mb on it's own..
    http://www.columbiarivercoffee.com/i...files/3219.png

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    Can't replicate the problem here.
    http://xara-users.magix.net/public/hover-tiles/

Maybe there's some other placeholder code or head code the OP has used.
    I notice the Sharethis fixed social buttons which have open and close delays in the source code..

Also, the page background graphic is really too heavy, it's 2.5Mb on it's own..
    http://www.columbiarivercoffee.com/i...files/3219.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    May I say from the outset that this comment is very rude, unnecessary and detrimental to your cause. Acorn is trying his best to answer your problem and in no way is he "talking down" to you. Let's stay civilised.

I can see this problem within FF but not other browsers. I suggest it's more to do with the call to paypal on the roll-over effect than it is to do with Xara's software. What happens if you also call the paypal purchase button within the mouseoff state?
    You both beat me to my final query, that around other added code.
    @steve.ledger - your observation about delays around the Sharethis feed may have nailed it. JavaScript is not multi-threaded so any delay will impact on the roll-overs. Some event somewhere is preventing the browser responding correctly at random times.
    @edmiston99 - to analyse any more, I think you need to upload your design.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This other website that I built is doing it too, and there is no call to Paypal. My mouse cursor is NOT over both items. I will definitely try removing the sharethis code, as this is something that both sites have in common. The heavy background image is another. (www.edbergstromfishing.com/species.htm)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fishitall.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	239.4 KB 
ID:	107018

Regarding the background graphics being too heavy. Large background graphics are fairly commonplace. Being part of the allure of the website, how could that be fixed without removing the image?

Regarding the "no way is he talking down to me". Puhleeze. I think even Acorn would admit to a little condescension in that moment. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but now you're treating me like I'm an idiot. My intent was not to be rude, but I don't feel that there is anything rude about calling someone out for being condescending.
    Last edited by edmiston99; 06 April 2015 at 05:32 PM.

I completely removed the background image in question, and the "Share This" code mentioned, and it still exhibits the aforementioned behavior. I will attach the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by edmiston99 View Post
    I completely removed the background image in question, and the "Share This" code mentioned, and it still exhibits the aforementioned behavior. I will attach the file.
    OK, two things to try:

1. For each of the Labels, in Web Properties > Mouse-over, set the Show pop-up layer to the required layer. You only have it set properly for the Hazelnuts. Without it, the pop-ups are probably acting as if they are instant roll-overs (as if on the MouseOver layer).
    2. For each of the Labels, in Web Properties > Mouse-over, set the Effect... > Fade > Speed to one second. In use, i find I instinctively slow down my mouse movement to match.

If you prefer Instant (not coffee), you could move all the pop-up material onto the MouseOver layer and soft-group there so each Label acts as a button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by edmiston99 View Post
    I completely removed the background image in question.
    Sorry, my mention of the heavy image was not that it may contribute to the problem with the roll-overs, it was just in passing. It's a large download which slows the loading of the page. Generally this is not a good thing.

Agree with Acorn. I find if you set all the roll-over effects to "Instant" the problem disappears from FF. FF seems to have issues with transitions that the other major browsers handle fine.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    @edmiston99:
    I only get stuck roll-overs with FireFox. Every other browser seems to work fine no matter how much I wave the mouse around (hardly a normal scenario in any case).
    I suggest you remove the fade transitions.

And logically it can't be a Xara bug if it works sometimes and fails sometimes in your browser/s. It's HTML and .js which the browser reads and renders. If it works once it should always work, if it fails occasionally then the bug is with the browser.

Oh! It appears I agree with Sledger as well Sorry Steve.
    Egg