Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Pop-Up Layers Not Closing Automatically.

Your problem with pop-up sticking is not happening elsewhere as previously advised.
    You offered up your site stating pop-ups weren't working and I found one, I thought, that didn't work at all. It turns out you didn't put one there.
    I would have thought it kind that someone cared enough to check.

I have mentioned the long load time as, until this has completed, your JavaScript events may not respond correctly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I can get three pop-ups to stick open simultaneously (using Chrome). There is also a facebook symbol half hidden above the circular logo at the top of each page in addition to the one on the left.

The popup problem clearly is happening elsewhere as evidenced by Gorgon. Thank you Gorgon. Plus, the page can be fully loaded, and the popup problem still exists.

Gorgon: One facebook button leads to their facebook page, and one is a "share" button.

It's ok if you don't know the answer. Hell, I don't know the answer, but if you don't know the answer, why are you answering. Is there any way to get someone who knows the answer to this question to weigh in? I know. Radical concept.

Quote Originally Posted by edmiston99 View Post
    It's ok if you don't know the answer. Hell, I don't know the answer, but if you don't know the answer, why are you answering. Is there any way to get someone who knows the answer to this question to weigh in? I know. Radical concept.
    You should remove the shadow from each of the coffee labels on the MouseOff layer as when you roll out of the MouseOver layer you are tripping over the shadow and firing up the rollover all over again. I think it is all down to this 4 px difference, but there is also might be just too little adjacent space between the labels.

If you need a shadow effect, add it separate form the rollover event.

You also have a number of empty png images duplicated but I don't think these contribute to the effect.

At no point did you mention you have to wave the mouse around to get the pop-ups to misbehave.I failed to get anything as my PC is quite nifty; so in the end, it will be down to the end-user processor speed not being able to react to so many events.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have a 4 ghz quad core, so processor speed isn't likely the issue. I will try your other suggestions though. Thank you.

I put more space between the labels, and the shadows no longer trigger the popups, and it's still exhibiting this errant behavior. "Waving the mouse around" is over-stating the situation a little. Just the standard movements of rolling over each item, as a shopper would do, does it. Regardless, the popups should close automatically without a mouse over them as set to do in the settings. This is clearly a problem with the Xara software, and not the individual's processor.

Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by edmiston99 View Post
    I put more space between the labels, and the shadows no longer trigger the popups, and it's still exhibiting this errant behavior. "Waving the mouse around" is over-stating the situation a little. Just the standard movements of rolling over each item, as a shopper would do, does it. Regardless, the popups should close automatically without a mouse over them as set to do in the settings. This is clearly a problem with the Xara software, and not the individual's processor.
    Anyone else?
    Still me.
    I've thrown together a mashup of images and rollovers and I cannot replicate your problem in my Xara software: Rollovers.web.
    Excuse the large design file size.

Acorn

@edmiston99:
    I only get stuck roll-overs with FireFox. Every other browser seems to work fine no matter how much I wave the mouse around (hardly a normal scenario in any case).
    I suggest you remove the fade transitions.

And logically it can't be a Xara bug if it works sometimes and fails sometimes in your browser/s. It's HTML and .js which the browser reads and renders. If it works once it should always work, if it fails occasionally then the bug is with the browser.

PS: I just updated FF to ver 38.0 and no longer get stuck roll-overs.

edit: Spoke too soon.
    IE, Chrome and Opera are fine though.