Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Pop-Up Layers Not Closing Automatically.

Sorry if this question has been asked. Couldn't find anything using the title of this post as my search terms.

I have been having this problem intermittently, but on all browsers and computers i've tried.

Intermittently, popup layers are not closing. This is particularly prevalent when there there are several on a page.

You can see http://www.columbiarivercoffee.com/store.htm to witness this for your self. Just pretend you're shopping for coffee. Cruise around over the items a few times.

Thanks in advance.

Edmiston99

Default Re: Pop-Up Layers Not Closing Automatically.

Nice site. As far as I could tell, they all closed/opened ok. None opened that didn't close when I left them. Using Chrome.

Also OK with Chrome.

The Ground or Whole Bean isn't a rollover.
    Not sure why the Hazelnuts one is so different.
    I would have soft-grouped the text and images on the MouseOff layer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No problems here either using Chrome. Nice touch to have a leaf next to the button for the current page.

This is what I'm getting, and this is also in Chrome. It doesn't always do it right away. You have to tool around the page a bit sometimes. Sometimes it does it right away. My mouse isn't over any of the pop ups (darker squares) in the image below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mouseover problem.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	106868

Incidentally, thanks for the site kudos. Nobody said that "Ground or Whole Bean" was a rollover. Hazel nuts popup had to be wider due to the "quantity" options being longer text strings. Why in the world would you soft group the images and text on the mouse-off layer? And thanks for the "leaf page indicator" kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by edmiston99 View Post
    Incidentally, thanks for the site kudos. Nobody said that "Ground or Whole Bean" was a rollover. Hazel nuts popup had to be wider due to the "quantity" options being longer text strings. Why in the world would you soft group the images and text on the mouse-off layer? And thanks for the "leaf page indicator" kudos.
    Designers try to make their sites consistent. So when faced with something that looks like all the other images, I expected the same rollover effect to occur. My bad. Fine for the hazelnuts.

The point about soft-grouping items is doing so reduces the file download sizes. Many a good site loses custom if the rendering takes too long as viewers are impatient. My viewing experience here was 15 seconds for all the images to build up. Your labels are all each over 100kB; the tray alone is 2.5MB.
    Soft-grouping a yellow/blue/orange background with your circle text means the background becomes a span tag with a colour, which is rendered more quickly and is bytes big.
    The soft-grouping hint was also to allow the entire label to be moved as a single entity.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You're telling me what designers do as if I'm not one. It may help if you stop talking down to me, and put that effort toward clarifying your message. The same rollover effect does occur (mouse-over object, pop-up fades in) on every store item on that page (except holiday of course). I am completely perplexed as to which item you're referring to, and what you think it is doing differently.

Regarding the color backgrounds with the circle text, they are already all one jpg image each (see below). Since it is one image, I'm assuming that you don't mean to soft group it with itself. The pop-ups are already soft grouped with their respective master item on the mouse off layer, so they do move as one. The popups are grouped, but they are on the pop up layer (not the mouse-off layer) so my assumption is that you don't mean those.

Name:	brunette.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	106873
    one image, not many components.

I'm really just wanting to know why the popups aren't closing. As I stated, the dark rectangles in the embedded screen capture image below no longer have a mouse over them, yet they aren't automatically closing. Can any one address the issue which is the topic of this thread. That is the one issue not being addressed.

Name:	mouseover problem.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	106874

See the black ones with the green buttons? Not closing.

Here I was able to get four of them to stick open. My mouse cursor isn't over any of the open popups in the following image.

Name:	mouseover problem 2.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	106875