Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default countdown on a site

How can I put a day countdown on a site ..... is there a script I could use

Thanks

Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Default Re: countdown on a site

Thanks for that ....but I did google it and the only one that looked any good was $24...... was hoping someone would have a recommended one I could use .

Mike
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

IOW, you want someone to find a free script for you and to know what looks good to you so that you don't have to??

My crystal ball is being serviced right, so how about you at least show us an example of 'what looks good' please

Forget it....... wish I never asked .
    but thanks for the reply .

have a nice day.

Well I have used this: http://countdownjs.org/.
    Free but you have to be handy at CSS.

Have a look at http://codegeekz.com/jquery-countdown-timer-plugins/.

You have to understand the approach to adding code, scripts and HTML tags into Xara application Placeholders, so not for the faint-hearted.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you for your Helpful reply....... there is some nice looking countdowns there ...... not sure I can get to grips with the code/CSS side but has given me a start.

Thank you again .
    Mike

Mike, I was in a brazen mood - don't take my humor personally, I've helped you out many times before haven't I
    My point was, your original post didn't give us much to go on but there were several free candidates in the google results I posted. Your second post made it even harder because you then told us only one looked any good. You could have linked to that one so we'd know what looks good to your eyes.
    I think giving more information about what you are looking for by way of an example helps us help you, otherwise it's just random?

Well I did search on google and they were all cheap tacky looking other than one I saw which was at a cost ...... You have helped me out more times than I can remember
    and I'm sure you didn't mean to be unhelpful ..... just Brazen,.... lol...... anyway I accept your apologies ..... lol .....(joking).
    Trouble is Steve we only see text and no emotion on here ...... the site I want the countdown on is www.anglianbodybuilding.co.uk
    and the countdown looks crap .... lol
    And the ones that Acorn suggested are nice but bit complicated for me ...
    Thanks for your explaination....ha ha
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikerawlinson View Post
    the site I want the countdown on is www.anglianbodybuilding.co.uk
    and the countdown looks crap .... lol
    Well, aside from the countdown host's water mark, I think it suits the rest of the page well enough?
    Are you looking for something simpler/plainer?