Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: countdown on a site

yes you might be right ...maybe I'm to close to it ..... its a bodybuilding show that I run with my daughter and son-in-law... so will leave it as it is .

Ha ha ha .... I said it looks crap and you go on to say it suits the rest of the page ......Ha ha ha ha .... I don't think you meant it like that ....DID you ??? lol

Cheers.
    Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

I use this to good effect
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Thanks ...I have seen that site and it looks good

Mike
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Info Re: countdown on a site

Here's a very simple script that can be modded through CSS changes quite easily: Simple Countdown Timer.web

The Placeholder box has three components:

1. Name of timer
    2. Code calls in Placeholder body.
    3. CSS styling in Placeholder head.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I don't think a countdown accurate to the second but on display at 95 days is going to build much excitement. If you really have to have it why not just show ' X days to go' until you are much closer to the time?

You have some typos Mike:

'Entry form' button.
    'Competitors info' should really be 'Competitor info'.

I find the pages pretty hard to read, but that's pretty common for this genre of website!

[ I'd also add that watching a countdown ticking off seconds is pretty boring (it's only interesting in the last couple of minutes). If you ditch the seconds, people have to wait in anticipation of the minute changing. Before you tell me that it works for '24' that's only because they only have a few moments to build the countdown tension. ]

Thanks for the Typos Pauland....... and your views ......I know it not that easy to read but they like it .... I get overruled....and they like the countdown ...lol.
    only changed the typo changes and it uploads the whole site ..... takes for ever .

Thanks Acorn for your simple countdown .

Mike

only changed the typo changes and it uploads the whole site

I think you were given the solution to that problem in another thread, weren't you?

What I am posting a link for is not the countdown. I wonder if you couldn't do something like this while the countdown runs below. You wouldn't want clocks, other graphics. Just a thought. Just watch the clock. https://www.jerrys-furniture.com/howard_miller.htm Not relevant? - please ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerawlinson View Post
    yes you might be right ...maybe I'm to close to it ..... its a bodybuilding show that I run with my daughter and son-in-law... so will leave it as it is .

Cheers.
    Mike
    Mike this should suite you just fine. https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_countdown.asp

Used here. Www.northeastspca.org

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.