Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Buckobecks ( a dinosaur evolving)

Hello Steve, I'm not sure if my website meets the criteria you put forth so it may need to be moderated. The main page

http://buckobecks.com

and other pages were mostly created with an earlier versions of Xara such as (Xara Xtreme 3.2/Menu Maker 1.1/Xara 3D 6) , all of the graphics, gifs, and mouse overs; even those used in other apps on the page, were created in these earlier versions and painstakingly pieced together in the aforementioned apps, but I did all of the html, java, css etc. myself. These were made years ago when I had neither the knowledge or capability to produce a snappy webpage all in one program such as Xara Pro X as I do now. More recently I have been creating the newer pages and updated pages completely in Xara Pro X, some of these specific pages are

http://buckobecks.com/phantasmagoria.html
    http://buckobecks.com/xaraxtreme.html
    http://buckobecks.com/xarathreedmain.html
    http://buckobecks.com/wildlifegallery.htm

Even though the main page and other were not created entirely in a program such as Xara Pro X I believe it exemplifies what a I and program such as Xara could do even in their infancy. It also shows how we have continued to evolve into a leaner, meaner machine. Even my dinosaur of a home page was proudly created with XARA.
    Mark Beckemeyer AKA (buckobeck)
    Amateur artist and hobbyist macro photographer. I like bugs.
    buckobecks.com

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Buckobecks ( a dinosaur evolving)

Hello Mark, Welcome Back to TG

A lot has changed around here. Steve is no longer a moderator, but I am . I've approved your thread, your site is indeed a good example of what can be done with older versions of the software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Mark,

Really nice site ... Some great seamless textures too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March-06-15_ - 12h44m00s_002.png 
Views:	353 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	106530

There is a spelling mistake ... You don't need the "h" on "as"
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Fun and very interactive.

Has anyone noticed how fast they load? Much faster than the latest versions.

Hi Frances. A lot has changed around here and I will miss the old familiar faces, but the new crowd seems like a great bunch and I can't wait to make new friends that are as fanatical about Xara as I am. I have thought about updating my entry page but just have not had the heart to do it, and as you said it is a good example of the older versions of Xara and what can be done with them. I think I will save Pro for updating the other older pages and creating new ones. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Keith, I am glad you liked the website and it's nice to meet someone who also enjoys seamless textures. Thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake, I am always looking for ways to improve and I always appreciate folks who are willing to help out. Can't believe I have overlooked it all this time. It is now fixed.

Gary, always nice to hear from you. Fun and interactive is what I always try to achieve. I like to try and keep things interesting as well as enjoyable. I love your eyeball!

James, thanks for dropping by. I agree with your observation on the load time, it's pretty darn good considering how graphics happy I tend to be. LOL
    Mark Beckemeyer AKA (buckobeck)
    Amateur artist and hobbyist macro photographer. I like bugs.
    buckobecks.com

Mark, I just visited your site and I love it. Lots of neat stuff there. I was impresses with grandpas girls, did you write that? It was awesome.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.