Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default File Display Widget

Does anyone know of a widget that will display the contents of a folder and allow the displayed files to be downloaded? There are several in Joomla and Wordpress but I would like to use one within a Xara site I am building. The idea would be to display the contents of a folder which is regularly updated and then each file become a link for download. I don't want to do this manually as the files change regularly and there are many files. The files are mainly PDF and are sales material.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Info Re: File Display Widget

I have not tried this, but it might fly:

1. Log into your cPanel.
    2. Find and click on the icon that says Index Manager.
      1. If you get a pop up message, choose web root and then click the Go button.

3. Navigate to the folder that you want to adjust this value for. Click the folder icon to go into the folder, and click the actual folder name to select that folder and make changes for it.
    4. Select No Indexing to hide the file names, or select Standard or Fancy indexing to list them and then click Save.
    5. Use the Embed a website widget with the URL of the folder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: File Display Widget

Thank you, I'll give that a go.

This is how I did it in the end and it works just as I wanted.

I created a Google Drive and placed all my files to be viewed in the separate folders on the G Drive. Then using the code below pasted the one I needed into a PLACEHOLDER, I used list view. If you highlight the folder you want to display in your G Drive it gives you a folder ID at the very end of the URL. Copy and replace the section of the code 'FOLDER-ID'. This now connects the folder to your IFrame.

LIST VIEW:
    <iframe src="https://drive.google.com/embeddedfolderview?id=FOLDER-ID#list" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe>

GRID VIEW:
    <iframe src="https://drive.google.com/embeddedfolderview?id=FOLDER-ID#grid" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe>

If the G Drive folders are set to public then you will be able to display the files.

This now means that I can drop files into the G Drive folders to update the files on the web site, without re-coding the site or making links.

A useful solution that others will adopt, I'm sure.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Cheers Acorn for the cPanel tip. Never needed to do that previously but it's nice to know just in case I require it in the future.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host