Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Fade Slideshow

Default Fade Slideshow

Hi All,

I'm using the "Fade Slideshow Bottom" Widget. When I first insert it and populate it with photos, clicking the right/left nav buttons or the thumbnails at the bottom works as expected, but subsequently these stop working. It's happened twice now. If I delete the widget and reinsert it, then it works again, but repopulating all the photos in the desired order is a pain. Obviously I'm doing something to break it, but can't figure it out.

Thanks,
    Icue

Default Re: Fade Slideshow

Icue, does it work as expected before you change anything?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, even after I replace the photos with my own it work OK. Something changes at a later point. I just can't determine what it is.

Icue

Quote Originally Posted by icue View Post
    Yes, even after I replace the photos with my own it work OK. Something changes at a later point. I just can't determine what it is.
    Icue
    Then there will be something else on the page that is causing it.

I have just left my page open and circulating for the last 30 minutes.

We are talking about a published or locally exported page here, are we?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It happens both published locally as well as exported. I'll have a look a the code and see what I can find.

Icue

Hi Acorn,

I found the problem in the page.htm file a "DIV" section is getting repeated. It must happen when I'm creating or deleting pages in the widget configuration, but I'm not sure. I've attached a image so you can see the code.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	106464

If you have any thoughts, I'd be grateful.

Icue

Quote Originally Posted by icue View Post
    Hi Acorn,

I found the problem in the page.htm file a "DIV" section is getting repeated. It must happen when I'm creating or deleting pages in the widget configuration, but I'm not sure. I've attached a image so you can see the code.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	106464

If you have any thoughts, I'd be grateful.

Icue
    Icue, the closest I've managed is duplicating the Widget (clone) on top of itself to get the same code duplication.
    My page still works as the ID properties of each widget are different; yours are the same.

I then tried duplicating the instructions page of the widget and I got a duplicate "<div id="xr_xd0"></div>".
    This then created a phantom thumbnail. In general, having more than one HTML tag sharing the same ID causes rendering problems.

I've deleted a range of Names to recreate your problem, without success.

I suggest creating a brand new page and trying that as I have found some code fragments remain after all the changes.

It's got me stumped.

Acorn

Acorn,

Thanks much for your help. I appreciate you trying to recreate the problem. I'm going to delete, insert, and repopulate the widget, being very careful each step of the way to make sure it continues to work. If I figure out what the cause is, I'll post it here.

Thanks,
    Icue