Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default widgets aren't uploading

I'm using one of the Xara sample web sites (I forget which one), I upload via Filezilla and everything works great EXCEPT the three widgets (HTML Placeholders) on the "Gallery" page (page 6) disappear. I'm not sure they're uploading to the server but when I open the site in a browser everything's there except these three Gallery items. Unfortunately, they're about the most important elements in the site. They appear correctly when I preview the site in Xara.Gallery Page.xar Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? The file is too large to upload per Xara's size limits so I copied the Gallery page, deleted two of the three elements and the header and uploaded what was left, presuming that whatever the problem is, curing it with one will produce the solution for all. The whole thing is at DowStudio.com. -THANKS!

Default Re: widgets aren't uploading

Gallery Page.xar

I don't think the file uploaded so I'm trying again (couldn't get it to upload using the "edit" button).

Quote Originally Posted by charliescoffee View Post
    I'm using one of the Xara sample web sites (I forget which one), I upload via Filezilla and everything works great EXCEPT the three widgets (HTML Placeholders) on the "Gallery" page (page 6) disappear. I'm not sure they're uploading to the server but when I open the site in a browser everything's there except these three Gallery items. Unfortunately, they're about the most important elements in the site. They appear correctly when I preview the site in Xara.Gallery Page.xar Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? The file is too large to upload per Xara's size limits so I copied the Gallery page, deleted two of the three elements and the header and uploaded what was left, presuming that whatever the problem is, curing it with one will produce the solution for all. The whole thing is at DowStudio.com. -THANKS!
    Gallery page (Drawings Monotypes Etchings) seems to be working here..

That's really interesting. I tried it with Firefox, Chrome and I.E. and on all three the gallery images weren't there. Just a bit ago, I exported the site again, refreshed FileZilla and uploaded again. Two or three of the images appeared, one disappeared, I got several white rectangles, looked like they were along the top left and bottom right of maybe three of the images, but nothing else appeared. But after maybe 10 minutes I refreshed the browser and everything was there. Maybe there was something screwy with my machine. I'm going to play with the thing a bit more to see what happens. Anyway, thanks, your input (as usual) was very helpful! I don't understand how some of you guys get to be so smart, at least about Xara. But, I'm glad you do.