Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Xara3D to Photoshop Help

got it thank you all for the help. Now I am running into another issue. I am trying to make another logo. this time used a video to try and learn to do it using inkscape. here is the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn8BcMQtILA

when I try to drag the image into Xara 3d I get the Message. this file does not contain any outlines.... but I did everything like the video suggested.
    image is below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WPwhite.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	106476

Hi JV. If you're getting this message you're not converting the bitmap image to a vector shape and I very much doubt you'll be able to using any bitmap tracer, Inkscape, Xara or VectorMagic on this image. Xara 3D requires vector shapes which can then have bitmap textures applied. Converting your image to a vector shape, apart from hand tracing it is going to be all but impossible.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

actually that is just the sort of image that inkscape is very good at tracing into solid vector see attached which you can open in inkscape - I have deja vue this was all said 8 years ago

[using 'Brightness cutoff' at Threshold 0.610]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    actually that is just the sort of image that inkscape is very good at tracing into solid vector see attached which you can open in inkscape - I have deja vue this was all said 8 years ago

[using 'Brightness cutoff' at Threshold 0.610]
    Already knew it can be done and that it needs to be saved as a .EMF file. It shows in the video I posted what all needs to be done. Problem is I can not drop it into the Program with out that message popping up. so what did I do wrong?

Its obvious it can be done. is there a Program that works with Xara 3D so I can do this?

if your .EMF is not working then it has most likely not been saved in a pure vector format - so firstly, did you delete the bitmap after you traced it before you save it as .EMF - I have never saved a file as .EMF from inkscape, but if there is anything in the file that is not pure vector it will not load into X3D
    Nothing lasts forever...

ok I just ran it through inkscape and as long as it is saved 'enhanced metafile' .EMF that strips out the bitmap anyway, so I'm not sure what is wrong

the video was made for version 6 of X3D [version I have] - possible if you are using the later version it is not so .EMF friendly

you can use xara photo&graphic, or pro, designer for this, in which case you can just cut and paste across the vector to X3D
    Nothing lasts forever...

@ HD Yes you're completely correct. Inkscape does an excellent job on this conversion.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

ah those were the days when every other thread seemed to be a request for a spinning logo and not an HTML post from one week to another
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ok I just ran it through inkscape and as long as it is saved 'enhanced metafile' .EMF that strips out the bitmap anyway, so I'm not sure what is wrong

the video was made for version 6 of X3D [version I have] - possible if you are using the later version it is not so .EMF friendly

you can use xara photo&graphic, or pro, designer for this, in which case you can just cut and paste across the vector to X3D
    I now have the Xara photo and graphics program but do not know how to make the image like I did in ink scape. ink scape did the lines and everything easy just a click of the button. but with this new Xara program I do not even know where to start. I am guessing I have to hand trace it?

The whole reason I selected the inkscape program to do all this is because my hands shake too much to try and trace that design :P

So the question is. How do I make a Vector from the photo below in Xara Photo & Graphics program. so I can use it in Xara 3D to make a 3d rotating logo. Here is a video of what I am trying to describe on what I am trying to do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZWo2r-RSuo&t=115 (Except he used inkscape which does not seem to work for me)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WPwhite.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	106526

Hi JV. If you have XP&G there should be no problem. Download Handrawns Inkscape created svg file he attached earlier. Drag the svg onto the title bar of XP&G to import it. Copy it and paste it into Xara 3D7.
    Egg