Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Problem with white flash on loading content into iframe

Thanks for clarifying the IE question Sledger. However I disagree re the cause of the white flashing. I believe it's to do with the strange method scribbler is calling the iframe content. It has nothing to do with IE8 as it's also present in IE11 and other up to date browsers.

HERE is an example of loading black background pages into iframes. I can't see any flashing (Not using Acorns code either)
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks guys for the input. I will keep working on it for a while longer and see where I end up . Any additional help or ideas with this will gladly be taken on board.

As I haven't got IE8 installed, could you say whether you're getting the flashing on the link I gave above?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    As I haven't got IE8 installed, could you say whether you're getting the flashing on the link I gave above?
    Looks promising that Egg,I can confirm your example works just the way I want it to without any white flash in IE8. Would you be kind enough to post a xara .web attachment of this page example so I can examine it further in XWD. Will pick up on this again in the morning need to get some beauty sleep. thanks

Hi scribbler, it's fairly simple. There are 2 .xar files.

The first is a mini website which contains 5 300 x 300 px pages which can be called via iframes (They also contain a nav bar at the top which was only created for testing purposes but not required in the final version so I hid them with a black rectangle on Layer 5)

The second is just a one page website that uses pop-up layers with iframes to load the pages fom the above website.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Thanks for clarifying the IE question Sledger. However I disagree re the cause of the white flashing. I believe it's to do with the strange method scribbler is calling the iframe content. It has nothing to do with IE8 as it's also present in IE11 and other up to date browsers.

HERE is an example of loading black background pages into iframes. I can't see any flashing (Not using Acorns code either)
    Yes, your placeholder flashes white in IE9 on load here.

Cheers Steve. That appears to confirm it was the manner in which scribbler was originally loading his iframes that was creating the effect, as it was also present on all up todate browsers as well.
    Egg

Egg, I'm saying your iframe-test does flash white on load - the one you said you can't see any flashing.

The OP's iframe code seems normal to me, with the exception that he's added the allowtransparency="true" attribute which is useless without the proper CSS in the head of the page that loads into the iframe which he doesn't have..

Example code needed in the pages which load inside the iframe:
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    body {background-color:transparent;}
    </style>
    In any case, this does not stop the white default viewport background flashing before the page loads in the iframe.

What are you seeing which is unusual about his iframe?

Steve, if I preview the OP's web file it doesn't matter what version of browser I use, I only have the latest versions of the top four, I see flashes, so it's not just an IE8 issue, it's common to all browsers regardless of version.

I understand that you see a white flash on load on the top placeholder, but I don't see any on the bottom placeholder. Acorns code will probably sort this out, as it only needs the one page to load. I'll give it a try.
    Egg

Okay, I've added Acorns code to the head of the loading page and I no longer see a flash on load. My point was that scribbles file created a white flash every time any iframe was loaded, which I got around by calling the iframes in pop-up layers.
    Egg