Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Bug? Navbar changes and Fast Publish (only changed files)

Assume you have Fast Publish enabled.

If you have a Navbar that is repeated on all pages and you make a change to one of the menu item names and then publish the document, the change will not be reflected in some of the Navbars.

Since the Navbar occurs on all pages in the .xar or .web file and changing it on one page changes it for all pages, I would have thought the Fast Publish would have recognized the change for all pages.

If this is not a bug, could Navbar edits be recognized by Fast Publish in the future?

P.S. I have not tested if this issue happens with objects that have Repeat On All Pages applied to them.

Default Re: Bug? Navbar changes and Fast Publish (only changed files)

In my experience, I have found even with a Repeat on All pages, the HTML pages are all affected.
    That said as all the assets are in the nnn_htm_files folder, these changes are minor.
    What, however, seems to happen is as the NavBar has items rendered as images, the Xara numbering of all images kicks off and you have the same (unchanged) asset being re-uploaded simply because its filename is now different.

I get round this by Naming all my major images or referencing to them from another location.
    My prior recommendation/preference back to Xara was to give each picture a base name of its original filename and only if there is a conflict include some increment or descriptor.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat