Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default CTRL-ALT-F (Find) doesn't search for the given text string in hidden layers

CTRL-ALT-F (Find) doesn't search for the given text string in hidden layers
    if this is intentional, why?
    if it isn't, please could you fix it, since spellchecking just the initially visible part of a document , thinking you are spellchecking all layers, could prove to be at best embarrassing at worst a client relations disaster
    if it's only happening to me, oh well, that figures
    thanks

frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ctrl-alt-F.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	105907  
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: CTRL-ALT-F (Find) doesn't search for the given text string in hidden layers

I can repeat that.
    Maybe an oversight?

Default Re: CTRL-ALT-F (Find) doesn't search for the given text string in hidden layers

Should it then unhide any and all hidden layers to be able to display the find?

I've always clicked on the All layers / object visible icon in the Page & Layer Gallery when I search.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I've always clicked on the All layers / object visible icon in the Page & Layer Gallery when I search.

Acorn
    Tis what I have done when I had hidden layers with text.

it is clearly a usability design flaw
    there is no reason why you would create a layer, hidden or not, to intentionally retain its spelling errors
    the purpose of a hidden layer is to be revealed
    but since there is a workaround that requires a user to remember that search and replace won't work unless show all layers is selected it won't be addressed
    how about a xara roadmap to fix these long-known bugs
    not any time soon i'll bet
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.