Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default February 2015 Guest Tutorial Tips and Tricks - Organizing a World of Colors

February 2015 Guest Tutorial Tips and Tricks - Organizing a World of Colors by Frances Proctor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Organizing-Colours-top-page-billboard.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	106222

If you’ve ever tried to put all the colors you need for a poster in a box, you immediately understand the impracticality of working this way. Instead, follow along with Frances Proctor’s Guest Tutorial this month on how to use both color palettes and the new color schemes feature in the latest versions of Xara Designer and Web Designer. See how to swap in a new palette on the program’s colour line, and how to make jiffy, big-time colour scheme alterations using named colours and theme colours. You’ve been in all Winter; it’s high time you got a little colour!

Read how and the show us how you put named colours and theme colours to good use.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: February 2015 Guest Tutorial Tips and Tricks - Organizing a World of Colors

When I click on the link, i get the following message:
    Error establishing a database connection

EDIT: It seems to be OK now!
    Last edited by Rik; 19 February 2015 at 07:27 AM.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: February 2015 Guest Tutorial Tips and Tricks - Organizing a World of Colors

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!

Hélène

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    When I click on the link, i get the following message:
    Error establishing a database connection

EDIT: It seems to be OK now!
    The Xara Xone server went down at about 7pm New York Time on Feb 18th for around 90 minutes. We have no idea why because that was the middle of the night and we couldn't reach anyone in Europe.

The DNS seems to have perked through and all is well.

Except in Edison, New Jersey today, where MaryAnne Hinkle has to go to the dentist's and get measured for braces.

-g

Wow, I can't believe you can create a named color only doble clicking, I would had saved a lot of time when I created my named palette wich has all the standar palette colors.
    Very good tutorial I'll have to practice a little bit with any single tip to be able to incorporate them on my daily basis.
    Thank you very much Frances.
    Javier

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thanks everyone I'm glad you are all finding this useful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.