Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vectorlicious Bundle: $1,500 Worth of Premium Quality Vectors - only $25

http://www.mightydeals.com/deal/1500...rsmediabistro]

If you only use a handful of these it is worth the price.

I spent the $25 and downloaded the files (5 large zipped folders).

Default Re: Vectorlicious Bundle: $1,500 Worth of Premium Quality Vectors - only $25

Thanks Gary -- just ordered it.

Amazing how the internet devalues people's artwork.

We have to do something about that.
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Default Re: Vectorlicious Bundle: $1,500 Worth of Premium Quality Vectors - only $25

Amazing deal. Hopefully for the artists the number of purchases makes up for the low price.

While the price for the total package is excellent, doing a quick look over on the available art - I don't think I can use it. Some of the icons and labels seem like it could be useful, but overall, I don't use purely vector art much in my work, or if it is pure vector is a clipped shape of a bitmap. Basically all my work looks bitmap even though its generated in vector. Looking 2D is not the effect I go for in most of my work.

Excellent find, and what an amazing price for all that art.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

What a load of toss! What you're getting for your $25 is 300 mediocare vector graphics, of which you MAY use 1 or 2. Normally priced at $1500 ($5.00 dollars per vector ???) ..... come on peeps this is just hype. Most long term TG members can create their own vector graphics to match their requirements far superior to this offering. It reminds me of the days of PC magazines that offered 5,000 clipart images, 4,999 being crap.

Victor Meldrew moment over
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg! Come on now! No fond memories of all that vector Corel Draw art! So many images, they gave you a book to help find the ones you wanted! Presidential seals! Airplane silhouettes! Cat silhouettes! Thousands of .TTF symbols! I love Xara, but my God, Corel sure gave you a ton of stuff. And I still use some of those 900 fonts that came with it... and another book showing them all. I'll bet if Corel packaged and sold all those images and fonts separately from the drawing program, they'd make some money... even now. Those Corel 'Library' books were so helpful...
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    What a load of toss! What you're getting for your $25 is 300 mediocare vector graphics, of which you MAY use 1 or 2. Normally priced at $1500 ($5.00 dollars per vector ???) ..... come on peeps this is just hype. Most long term TG members can create their own vector graphics to match their requirements far superior to this offering. It reminds me of the days of PC magazines that offered 5,000 clipart images, 4,999 being crap.

Victor Meldrew moment over

I agree with Egg! The whole batch of designs look very generic to me, and there isn't a one of them I'd be interested in using or even referring to for other designs.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I'd watch for other Mighty Deals.

I got a nice scheduler that's more convenient than Outlook, and a flame brush set for Photoshop, both for less than $12 the other day.

Fonts and clipart are commodities, the market is saturated, thus these incredible deals,. and every once in a while I hear this wistful voice on a forum dreaming of getting rich selling their own clipart.

The Mighty Deals fonts they offer are trash for the most part (go to 1001fonts.com), and the graphics? You can go to All free download.com or whatever, choose your category and download an expert, custom-tailored graphic you might need to decompose from which to learn. No nags, no redirects, and no data collection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 vector examples.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	105677

I just clicked abstract backgrounds and did a 2 second search. Does this $25 deal actually have artwork of this quality?

As far as the nicely designed signs and banners in this $25 deal?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	free banners.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	105678

There are scores of these in all styles, again, for free, at freepik.com

You get what you pay for, occasionally more, but only occasionally. Mighty Deals and Deal of the Day and all those places will sell you demo copies instead of real versions of stuff, ShovelWare, and will nickel and dime you to death before you realize it because, "Oh, five dollars doesn't seem like that much, not for all this stuff!".

This is a country of conspicuous consumption and vendors know that. Corel made their software bundle irresistible due to quantity, not quality. Does any one remember what was it, version 5 or 6 after they went of a fire sale shopping spree? Ray Dream Designer (now owned by DAZ as Carrera), a presentation program that Mike Cowpland touted as a threat to MS- Powerpoint and MacroMedia Director (two entirely types of programs, but lies work of you say them loud and often enough), and LogoMotion, a fairly decent animation program. These all came in version 5 or 6, and by version 7 they were all gone.

Corel didn't bother to document any of the acquired programs, people were frustrated by them, Corel decided to spontaneously drop the licensing or ownership.

Buy a bag of Doritos on sale for 25¢ sometime. Then compare the snack versus air ratio.

My Best,

Gasry
    Last edited by Gare; 15 January 2015 at 05:44 PM.

WOW!
    There's some really cool stuff at freepik.com, Gary.

Thanks very much indeed, for a great find.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone