Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with small problem

I have just completed a small site for a friend and on one page I have inserted a couple of scrolling text panels in placeholders on a couple of layers. Trouble is that they work great in browser review in X10 but just show non moving text if I run the browser from index file.

This is the code in the placeholder(excuse length)

<marquee scrollamount="1" direction="up" loop="true" width="100%" height="100%"><left>
    <font color="#000000" size="2.5"><strong> The motor -cycle racing scene was very different in Wal Handley’s time (he was, of course, Walter but everyone called him ‘Wal’). <p>So soon after World War One the bikes were unreliable and the times were hard when he started racing in 1922 at the age of twenty. <p> There weren’t events every weekend during the season in the UK and on the Continent as there are now but the camaraderie was great and the competition was fierce – especially at the fabled Isle of Man TT.<p>This mattered more than all the rest put together to the British motorcycle manufacturers whose bikes dominated world markets and to whom TT publicity success was manna from heaven.
    <p>Handsome, modest, independent and apt to speak his mind Walter Handley electrified the TT aficionados when he made his TT debut on an OK Blackburne in the 1922 Lightweight (250cc) race and made the fastest lap. <p>Clearly a man to watch!..........the rest is in the book
    </p>

Any ideas?

Ken

Default Re: Help with small problem

Closing tag ?

Edit: just tried without the closing tag (from HTML export) in Chrome and IE and it seems to work ok. Could you post your .web file ?

Sorry Drwyd a bit of the code was missed when it was copied(idiot!!!)
    </strong></font> </center></marquee>

I haven't reduced the pics yet but will post it when I have(a bit big at the mo)

The weird thing is that it works in the browsers when testing but not when uploaded the site is at http://www.handleypublications.co.uk/

ken

handley2.xar
    Last edited by mentorman; 16 February 2015 at 02:30 PM. Reason: add web file

Hmm, weird one this. It works in Firefox and Safari when exported to disk. You may be fighting browser quirks with this one.

The marquee element is not valid according to the HTML or XHTML specifications. Page authors concerned with validation should not use this tag.
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...lement/marquee

You are also missing four closing </p>